Tag Archives: moods
- Avocado – One of my very favorite foods. I have at least 1 to 1/2 an avocado a day. It helps protect the heart, aids with digestion and is also a natural hormone balancer. It ensures your brain is making the right chemicals to feel great. So pop some on your toast in the morning it might help with road rage on the way to work as in most places the traffic is crazy
- Grapes – Great take along snack. They are packed with anti Oxidants. Flavonoids being one of them which has been found to affect moods in a positive way. Great also for kids lunches and yours.
- Oysters – Best known as an aphrodisiac which would make most happy. With oysters of course its all about the benefits from Zinc and anti – inflammarory properties. Zinc is known as a pick me up which most of us lack, but oysters also have a good supply of selenium which helps protect us from stress. So eat up the oysters when you can.
- Raw nuts – Also another form of take along snack. Full of serotonin, a feel-good chemical which is much needed when you’re depressed. I love almonds and Brazil, macadamia’s and cashews, of course beware of how many you eat because they are full of fat and calories. Small handful is enough. If you are eating them in the car on the way to work I suggest you take a toothbrush as they are inclined to stick around your teeth. Just saying because there is nothing worse than trying to have a conversation with someone with nuts around their teeth.
- Salmon – Natural wild caught Salmon is what I am having for dinner tonight. Love it. Great for your brain health and moods. It’s a lean protein that contains double your recommended value of vitamin B12. B12 is crucial for combatting depression. Salmon also packs a punch of mood-stabilizing essential fatty acids. The good fats are essential for the functioning of a healthy brain.
- Sesame seeds – This ancient crop has been keeping happy levels up for thousands of years. Its benefits stem from tyrosine. This amino acid boosts the brain’s dopamine levels. I love it in my salad and also sprinkled on my toast in the morning on top of the avocado. Very yummy I might add.
- Strawberries – Another mood saving breakfast, for me anyway not on toast but great with Yogurt or in a yogurt drink blended. Rich in an array of vitamins and nutrients like vitamins A and C and manganese. Rich in an array of vitamins and nutrients like vitamins A and C and manganese. Who doesn’t like strawberries, no one I expect. Kids normally love them and its a great lunch snack for them.
I read this article today which I thought was very interesting. Not sure if we change our personality that it would change our body shape as the question would be how long can you change who you are. Probably not long. Anyway here is what they had to say.
Can’t lose weight? Your personality may be to blame.
Your character may affect your weight as much as your diet does, according to a new NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON AGING study. Researchers found that impulsive people weigh about 22 pounds more than those who are cautious. Antagonistic folks gained 10 pounds more over their lifetime than did their friendlier counterparts. ( angry people tend to binge eat, previous studies have reported). Those who are conscientious weigh the least: about 8 pounds less than those who are not as dutiful. “While you can’t change your personality, you can change your eating behavior based on what you know about your personality.” says lead researcher Angelina R. Sutin, Ph.D. ” So impulsive individuals might eat less if they plan their meals in advance”