1. Did you know that 2/3rds of the proportion, by which education achievements are down to genes, not classroom environment or the involvement of parents.
Source – UK researchers
2. Green tea compound may improve power of Cancer drugs. It has been revealed that a molecule that is a key ingredient in green tea can be used as a carrier for anti-cancer proteins. While this does not mean drinking green tea will cure cancer, scientists have discovered the molecule, which has the catch name of epigallocatechin -3-0gallate – May improve the effectiveness of anti cancer drugs used to treat breast and stomach cancers.
Source – Journal Nature Nanotechnology
3. Norway is the best place to grow old. Australia came in 13th which puts Australia behind the US, Japan, New Zealand, and the UK. The report card for Australia shows that the Aussie oldies are highly educated and healthy, but there are too many living in “poverty” and worried about their personal safety.
Source – Body and Soul – Aust Sunday Mail
4. Laughter can cause the tissue that forms the inner lining of blood vessels to expand and this in turn increases blood flow. It is recommended that you laugh at least 15 min per day to get the best benefits
Source – University of Maryland , US
5. Brushing you teeth less than twice a day may increase your risk of heart disease by 70 percent. Participants in a test who had bad oral hygiene, tested positive for inflammatory markers. Researchers said their results confirmed and further strengthened the suggested association between oral hygiene and the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Source – University college London
6. Women who routinely practice yoga may have lower amounts of cytokine interleukin-6 (a substance that increases inflammation and heart disease risk) in their blood. It is also equally effective for novices and pros
Source – Ohio State university