This is rather interesting as for dieters potatoes get a bad rap. Maybe in some cases the starch is good for you. I always say anything in moderation can not be too bad for you.
1. What Brassica vegetables are:
These vegetables rank among the top 10 healthiest and give you the most folate which is a B vitamin which is naturally present in these vegetables and an important vitamin for pregnant woman. However a study of 1391 women released in May 2016 revealed that excessive amounts of folate may increase the risk for autism.
So the old saying “Everything in moderation” is very relevant with this vitamin.
Source Nature and Health
2. In a study of 512,891 adults, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, those who ate fresh fruit daily had a 40 percent lower risk of dying from cardiovascular disease.
3. If you stop eating by 6pm till 8am the next day you will help to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s dramatically plus lose a bit of weight around the waist as well.
That 14 hours of fasting will put the brain in resting mode and reduce the brain from aging.
Another benefit is to be drinking green tea and increase your consumption of eggs which helps to build a healthy brain.
4. Japan’s population consumes up to 5 million kit Kat bars every day.
Not the original chocolate variety, they have a choice of strawberry, cheese Cake, green tea, sweet potato , red bean sandwich and sake and there is more:- 300 flavors in fact.
In my opinion a great way to ruin a Kit Kat bar.
5. Lyndon B Johnson had a car that could go in and out of the water. He would scare his passengers by driving into the lake shouting”The brakes won’t hold we are going to go under”. The Amphicar had a Texas REG. Number TX1919-AZ
I found this information quite fascinating. Why? Well he was only 20 years of age, very mature of him I think, not like many 20 year olds who see this stage in ones life, where you are exploring anything and everything good and bad and as often as you can. Well that was my 20’s anyway. Not this young man, he devised 13 virtues to live by for as long as he could so that he would not commit any fault at any time. He apparently focussed on one virtue a week and made note of his progress.
Good for him I say.
1. TEMPERANCE. Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
2. SILENCE. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
3. ORDER. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
4. RESOLUTION. Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
5. FRUGALITY. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing.
6. INDUSTRY. Lose no time; be always employ’d in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
7. SINCERITY. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
8. JUSTICE. Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
9. MODERATION. Avoid extreme; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
10. CLEANLINESS. Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloths, or habitation.
11. TRANQUILLITY. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
12. CHASTITY. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dulness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another’s peace or reputation.
13. HUMILITY. Imitate Jesus and Socrates.
Source: The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.http://www.listsofnote.com/
I have always believed that Sugar of any form is answerable to many of our health problems. Be it our teeth, digestion, cancer and many many more health concerns.
Moderation is a great thing. I believe sugar is not harmful in moderation, like anything really.
When my children were young and under our parental care they were only allowed soda drinks on special occasions such as Birthdays and Christmas, it was the same with lollies or sweets. Desserts were very few in our household.
Now unfortunately, as adults I don’t see that same restraint on the consumption of sugar. Coca-Cola is a common drink, sugar in coffee or tea, on cereal, on fruit. This makes me sad to see such healthy bodies consume so much of it.
I believe this video portrays just how much sugar we are drinking without even realizing it.
If you could reduce your intake by half you would be doing your health a favor.