I happen to read this book last year after seeing him being interviewed by Oprah and on the CBS.
Well I was watching Steve Harvey last night on his Season premiere No 2, “What Men Really Think” and it reminded me of the book.
On the show Steve Harvey explores Love and relationships and men’s thoughts on the matter.
He had approx 150 females in his audience and about a 1000 men. The woman was asking relationship questions. Harvey together with his sharp humor was putting up a choice of 3 answers and the guys were giving their choice via a survey.
I laughed my butt off. It was so funny and rather insightful.
I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I think the next one is on this afternoon (09/09/2015). I of course record it and watch it with my husband in the evening.
The book was very light-hearted , not to serious with great clarity. I chuckled through the book as we as females are really lost when it come to thinking we know what is going on in our mans brain.
This a video and Steve Harvey is talking about the book. I just laugh listening to him I find his humor very funny.
Just click to buy this book “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition”
“5 languages of love”
This book I read about 3 years ago. Probably the best book I have read about helping one understand their relationship with their partner.
I notice since I read the book he has expanded his books to ‘Singles’ ‘Children’ &’Mens edition’ just to mention a few.
It basically determines which language of Love that is suited to you and that of your partner.
It’s a great builder of a rather diminishing relationship of a long marriage or not so long partnership.
Sometimes we really do not know our partners as well as we think we do.
I have actually given this book to many of my friends and find that not one of them have said that ‘This book is not for me’. They have all had great things to say about it.
I cannot recommend this book enough. I especially like the look of the 5 languages of love for children. We are all inclined to treat our children in the same way but each one has a different language of love which could make a difference to your relationship with them especially if they are teenagers.
Both of these books will be great gifts for Christmas
Click to buy
Because if you don’t do different nothing will change
The Human Body is a treasure trove of mysteries. Did You Know:-
1. The human lungs contain approximately 2,400 kilometers (1,500 mi) of airways and 300 to 500 million hollow cavities, having a total surface area of about 70 square meters, roughly the same area as one side of a tennis court. Furthermore, if all of the capillaries that surround the lung cavities were unwound and laid end to end, they would extend for about 992 kilometers. Also, your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
2. It’s not possible to tickle yourself. This is because when you attempt to tickle yourself you are totally aware of the exact time and manner in which the tickling will occur, unlike when someone else tickles you.
3. Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents. But if you are a woman, you are a better smeller than men, and will remain a better smeller throughout your life.
4. The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as an encyclopedia. Your brain uses 20% of the oxygen that enters your bloodstream, and is itself made up of 80% water. Though it interprets pain signals from the rest of the body, the brain itself cannot feel pain.
5. The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself.
6. By 60 years of age, 60% of men and 40% of women will snore. (yep know that to be true)
7. It is a fact that people who dream more often and more vividly, on an average have a higher Intelligence Quotient.
1. Japan has the longest life expectancy in the world – 78.5 for Men and 85.5 for Women. This is mainly attributed to their traditional diet of fish, sea vegetables, rice and non genetically modified soy.
2. The intestine replaces its lining every 72 hours. The digestion system uses more energy that any other physiological process in the body so you need to consider the nutritional value of all that we eat.
3. Staying awake for over 17 hours impairs your brain functioning which is the same amount as having a blood alcohol content of .05%
4. Americans on average spend 5c per day flushing their toilets. (How interesting)
5. The Americans in 1962 blew up a hydrogen bomb in space that was 100 times more powerful than Hiroshima. This I know to be true as I was living in NZ at the time and it lit the sky up something fearful to say the least.
6. Einstein’s eyes are in a safe box in NYC. Have no idea why but maybe they will use the cells from his eyes one day for transplant. Who Knows.
I was reading Profile magazine this morning and read some very interesting statistics which I thought I would share with you.
Of course you may or may not agree.
1. I am one of those included in this percentage that is for sure. 42% of women believe men should always pay for dinner.
2. 91% of women say they will only marry for love.
3. 40% of women would consider dumping their boyfriend if their friends don’t like him. (well I guess if none of them like him then there must be something that you should be wary of)
4. 7000 words on average women speak a day. Men only say around 2000.
5. 100 beats per minute is the amount a woman’s heart will race when arguing. Making her incapable of hearing what her partner is trying to say. (That figures, we don’t want them to say anything)
6. Top 10 turn-offs for women
b. Raggedy nails
e. Missing teeth
f. Body odor
G. Bad Breath
H. Hairy Nostrils
1. The ability to smell is associated with the first cranial nerve and is often one of the first senses to be adversely affected by cognitive decline.
In patients with Alzheimer’s, the ability to smell peanut butter through the left nostril was found to be significantly impaired
“Jennifer Stamps, a graduate student in the University of Florida (UF) McKnight Brain Institute Center for Smell and Taste, and her colleagues reported the findings of a small pilot study in the Journal of the Neurological Sciences.
2. Men watch porn more than Woman. (You don’t say)
(source – University of Copenhagen)
3. Reading a book is better for the brain than watching TV
Source – American Academy of Neurology
4. There are three reasons a dog’s urine burns grass: an alkaline pH, concentrated (vs. dilute) urine, and nitrogen load. The most important factor of the three is urine pH.
5. Walking 14.5km or 10 miles a week is linked to a 22% lower death rate among men. So there you are guys just take that little step and your health improves
Source- Harvard University