- Get dental work for a fraction of the cost from dentist – supervised students. Go to ada.org and click on dental schools. The federal government also offers help. Go to nidcr.nih.gov then search “findings dental care”
2. A survey found that if you haggle the price of hearing aids with certain retail businesses you may be able to save. One survey found about half of the 14% who haggled got a better deal. Sometime you can save over 1,000 dollars buying online. I promote of course to buy from the retailer to support them and employment.
3. Apply for free meds:- Go to the partnership for prescription assistance pparx.org . Patients that qualify save hundreds of dollars.
4. Be a house sitter:- The site trustedhousesitters.com Matches those sho need their pets and homes watched. Another site to go to for more information on this is SecretBlogger.com
5. Discount for Train rides:- Amtrak cuts 10% off most fares for riders 62 plus. Via rail Canada offers 10% off adult fares for travelers over 60
Well that is kinda the name of one of my books (“Small Savings Make A Big Fortune – 1069 ways you can save now”), but here is a few new ideas that I will give you each day till I run out.
- Travel with a water bottle – I actually travel with an empty water bottle with a filter in it. I fill the water bottle after I have gone through security and just before I board the plane. The filter of course takes out a lot of the chemicals and chorine taste in the water from the tap. This will save you at least $5 as that is the usual cost per liter bottle from the stores at the airport. Round trip save $10
2. For Some Meds skip your insurance – This of course is for those who live in America – Ask your pharmacist about the retail price of your prescription medication. The reason is it might be cheaper to pay that price as an example – the diabetes medication Metformin costs about $4 for a month supply while the average copay is $11 – Saving $7
Are you paying too much for your medications? My bet is you are. If that is the case check this site Goodrx out, to find out where you can get the cheapest price for the medications you need, in your area.
Drug prices vary wildly between pharmacies.
GOODRX finds the lowest prices and discounts. How?
- Collect and compare prices for every FDA-approved prescription drug at more than 70,000 US pharmacies
- Find free coupons to use at the pharmacy
- Show the lowest price at each pharmacy near you
Check this out for more information
There is also and APP you can get for your iPhone called ONERX
This APP is free so well worth getting to find out where the cheapest meds are and also if you are covered or not.
1. The color of the Hope Diamond is Blue
2.80% of the worlds Pain Meds are consumed in USA
3. Island Nation – Centuries ago the Spanish landed on the Caribbean island of Jamaica and made it a colony. In 1655 it was taken over by England. However, Jamaica became an independent nation in 1962
4. Ice sheets – One would think that glaciers are only found in the far north or far South. That is not true. There are also glaciers in mountainous regions near the equator, such as on Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
5. Ant Work – Is very important to the environment in which they live. For example, their underground tunnels help to aerate the soil. They also eat other insects that feed on leaves and this helps to keep vegetation healthy
2. According to Consumer Reports, veterinarians can make up to 1,000% markup on their Pet Meds and charge a dispensing fee of up to $15. cheaper alternative trot off to Walmart, Kroger or Target where generic pet meds sell for as little as $4.00
3. If you have Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, then you have the fear of long words.
4. The Stars you see when you rub your eyes are phosphenes.
They are a phenomenon by which seeing light without light actually entering the eye. This rubbing mechanically stimulates the cells of the retina causing effect. Even after you open your eyes you still see those spots for a little while.
5. Almost half the bones in your body are in your hands and feet. There are 27 in each hand and 26 in each foot, and the way that they are arranged is remarkably similar.