You Know we learn every day about the benefits of lemons in our diet. Here is another way to make use of those lemons. It seems if you have a healthy lemon tree it produces more than you can eat so this is a great way of preserving them and getting all the benefits.
Enjoy cause “If you don’t do different nothing will change”.
1. Use a lemon to clean your cutting board
2. Freeze lemons as ice cubes
3. Use lemons to keep avocados from turning brown
4. Freeze a bag full of lemons so you’ll always have some when you need them
5.Keep lemons fresher for longer in pitcher of water
6. Wake up with a cup of warm water with lemon
7. Lemon mixed with rosemary and vanilla makes for a great way to freshen up your home
8. Lemons can reduce soap scum on your bathtub or sink area.
9. Lemons are good for cleaning and brightening copper
10. Using lemon on your nails will clean and polish them up
11. Use lemon as a natural cleaning product
12. Use a lemon so your apples don’t brown
13. Use lemon shavings as flavor and for added health benefits
14. Try making a lemon face mask
1. Lemons ripen after you pick them, but oranges do not
2. Cranberries are tested for ripeness by bouncing them. A fully ripe cranberry can be bounced like a basketball
3. An apple is more efficient than a cup of coffee for keeping people awake in the morning.
The sugar in apples, and the act of chewing, works better than a cup of coffee for keeping people alert. Sugars (generally speaking, carbohydrates) give energy, and quick energy too. During sleep, you consume energy, although in slower pace. Thus in the morning you need to refill your energy reserves. Fruits do that very well without the crash the caffeine will produce.
4. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew marijuana on their plantations
In the early 1600’s, hemp (marijuana) was so vital a resource that laws were passed in America that actually ordered farmers to grow it. Hemp was legal tender in most parts of America for about two hundred years; goods could be purchased with it and it could even be used to pay taxes. In 1850, the U.S. Census counted 8,327 hemp plantations that grew marijuana for cloth, canvas, paper and other goods. Two United States presidents, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson even grew hemp on their plantations. In fact, George Washington is on the record, quoted as saying, “Make the most of the hemp seed and sow it everywhere”
5. The name Google came from a typo
Due to a typo error, the original name “Googol” was registered wrongly by a Stanford Student as “Google”. It was a $160 billion (current value of the company) typo error that catapulted Google as one of the premier internet technology company.
I use these superfood daily.
1. Lemons – First thing in the morning (around 5am) I squeeze a little lemon juice in a cup warm water and drink this before I head off to the gym. I will also squeeze a little in my water bottle which I consume at the gym.
2. Avocado – I have avocado at least 5 times a week. Sometimes for breakfast. Toast, avocado, spinach then Poached egg on top sprinkled with a little cheese. In the evening, with dinner I always have a salad which includes one half of an avocado.
3. Ginger – I sometimes grate a little fresh Ginger into my lemon drink in the mornings. It is aromatic and also if your stomach is not feeling happy it can sooth it. I will often grate a little ginger into my salad in the evening (not too much). It is also great in a marinade of Soya sauce, honey, and grated ginger. Soak your steak in it for at least an hour before cooking. Delicious.
4. Coconut – I put coconut oil on my body after a shower. Keeps the skin hydrated and is good for the health of your body. Makes a great lubricant.
The Swiss study, published in the Annals of Epidemiology, analyzed 2.4 million deaths over a 40-year period and showed that the “birthday blues” can be lethal.
Results extracted from a vast amount of data concluded that there were 13.8 percent more deaths on birthdays when compared with any other day of the year. The risk increased with age, with the figure rising to 18 percent in people aged over 60.
According to the AARP Bulletin – The number of patients who die each year from hospital errors is equal to 4 jumbo jets crashing each week. Wow Scary. All the more reason to live a healthy life so you don’t have to go to hospital or another option wait till you are so sick that if you come out alive its a bonus.
Rolling Stones band member Bill Wyman married a 19 year-old model Mandy Smith in 1988. At the same time Wyman’s son was engaged to Mandy Smith’s mother. If his son had married Smith’s mother, Wyman would have been the step grandfather to his own wife.
Grapes EXPLODE when you put them in the microwave! (I bet you try that one out)
Compulsive shopping was identified by a German psychiatrist almost a hundred years ago. Clinically it is known as oniomania. Shopaholic are the people who do not suffer from chrematophobia, which is the fear of touching money.
Approximately 16,500 people in the U.S. go by the last name Lemon
Monaco’s Orchestra is bigger than its army.
Although starring in many gangster films, James Cagney started his career as a chorus girl.