Hey there is some good ideas here. I like the one with the lemon in boiling eggs. Brilliant
Hey there is some good ideas here. I like the one with the lemon in boiling eggs. Brilliant
3. Trash you can save in one year
4. valerian root.
That there’s an herb that has been used to ease insomnia, anxiety and nervous restlessness since the second century A.D.? This natural and herbal sleep aid is called valerian root.
Here is a whole bunch of reasons why you should be drinking Lemon Water. Drinking lemon with Kangen water is even more beneficial . To find out more about Kangen Water go to http://www.lifechanging-water.com There is also a FREE Ebook offered all about the benefits of the Kangen water.
If you want to cleanse, lose body fat, boost energy and help reverse disease, then adding natural detox drinks to your diet can help you improve your quality of life … fast!
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to lower blood pressure up to 6 percent. It can also help eat up the starches if you do eat grains in your diet. (I use Bragg – Apple Cider Vinegar.)
Lemon juice helps balance blood sugar and has an alkaline effect on your body helping to regulate PH. It also contains vitamin C.
Cinnamon is one of the best antioxidants on the planet. It’s the number one herb/spice for balancing blood sugar.
Cayenne pepper has been shown to drop blood pressure, increase metabolism.
Stevia is an all-natural sweetener made from the stevia plant, and it’s a great replacement for any artificial sweeteners.
I recommend consuming this drink three times daily 20 minutes before meals for two weeks, then consuming it one time a day before breakfast or lunch.
1.The Agave, also known as the Century Plant spends many years without growing and flowers, after which it grows one single bloom and dies. This phenomenon is called being monocarpic.
2. Gas Plant or the Burning Bush as it is sometimes called, earned it’s name because it’s leathery green leaves, flowers and seed pods give off a strong lemon scented vapor which, on a calm summer night can be ignited with a match
3. Angelica was used in Europe for hundreds of years as a cure for everything from the bubonic plague to indigestion. It is thought that adding it to a ritual bath will break spells and hexes and has often been used to ward off evil spirits in the home. Because it resembles celery in odor and appearance, angelica sometimes is known as wild celery. Alternative medicine practitioners say Angelica is a good herbal tea to take for colic, gas, indigestion, hepatitis, and heartburn. It is useful to add in remedies for afflictions of the respiratory system, as well as liver problems and digestive difficulties.
4. I did not know this about Bamboo – Interesting
Flowers of bamboo are rarely seen. Some species of bamboo develop flowers after 65 or 120 years. Interesting fact about flowering is that all plants of one bamboo species develop flowers at the same time, no matter where they are located in the world.Bamboo releases 30% more oxygen into the atmosphere and absorbs more carbon dioxide compared to other plants. Because of these features, bamboo greatly decreases amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and cleans the air.
5. Blue cohosh, also known as squaw root or papoose root, was used by Native American women to ensure an easy labor and childbirth. According to an article on ancient birth control methods, Midwives today may use blue cohosh in the last month of pregnancy to tone the uterus in preparation for labour. The completely unrelated but similarly named black cohosh also has estrogenic and abortifacient properties and was often combined with blue cohosh to terminate a pregnancy.
Hey easy and yummy.
Also known as sun spots, age spots, liver spots, or brown spots, dark age spots are caused when too much melanin/ skin pigment develops in certain regions. The spots typically appear on the face, neck, chest, back, hands, and shoulders. Research reveals that they’re caused by the sun’s UV rays, vitamin deficiency, aging, stress, genetics, and weak liver functioning. The following are natural ways of getting rid of these spots:
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has acidic properties that help to remove the excess melanin. Applying fresh lemon juice on the affected regions two times a day for at least two months clears the spots. Those with sensitive skin ought to dilute the fresh fruit juice by adding honey, fresh water, or rose water.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Due to its strong bleaching action, it’s recommended to mix apple cider vinegar with honey, orange juice, or water. The mixture should be applied twice every day and then washed off with warm water after it has dried.
The main ingredient in buttermilk is lactic acid that has exfoliating properties. It gets rid of the dark spots without making the skin dry. Apply the remedy using a cotton ball, leave it for several minutes to dry, and then rinse with clean water. Repeat procedure two times a day.
4. Castor Oil
Take a cotton ball, apply the oil on the affected areas and give it five minutes before you rinse it off with clean water. The natural oil also moisturizes the skin thus minimizing any dryness.
5. Almond Oil
Applying almond oil on the spots in the morning and before going to bed will get rid of the dark spots. For better results, the oil can be mixed with olive oil or castor oil. Expect visible results in a couple of weeks.
Sandalwood has strong anti-aging properties and is useful for removing age or dark spots. Sandalwood powder should be mixed with one teaspoon juice, one teaspoon glycerin, and two teaspoons rose water. You can also include two capsules of vitamin E or two teaspoons of orange juice.
7. Aloe Vera
Apart from eliminating the dark spots, Aloe Vera also helps in skin regeneration. Apply fresh pieces of the plant on the affected region and leave for at least 30 minutes. This process should be done in the morning and late at night using either the gel or juice forms. Expect results in a month.
There are other useful natural home remedies like tomato juice, onion juice, papaya, sugar cubes, and coconut oil.
Although they are entirely harmless, dark or brown spots make people quite uncomfortable and embarrassed about their skin. The above methods can primarily help such people to enjoy radiant skin by clearing the spots in the affected regions. The best thing about the natural remedies for treating dark age spots is that they have no side effects.
I just love this coleslaw. In fact I will often go to what I term Kentucky Duckie and get the coleslaw and nothing else.
I have to say it is not cheap though, that large container is about $5 – $7 depending on what country you buy it in.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 cups finely chopped cabbage (about 1 head)
1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium carrot)
2 tablespoons minced onion
sprinkling of celery seed (optional)
Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces, very small about the size of rice. Then combine the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Now you are ready to add cabbage, carrots, and onion, and mix very well. Put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Serves 10-12
Looks Divine!! Not Tried it yet but will do.
This looks bloody delicious. I am going to have it for desert this week.
Made with lots of soft and delicious apple slices, wrapped in sweet and crispy puff pastry
Ingredients: to make 6 roses
1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
2 red organic apples ( red delicious)
half lemon, juice
1 tablespoon of flour, to sprinkle the counter
3 tablespoons of apricot preserve
powder sugar for decorating (optional)
Preparation time: 45 minutes
1. Thaw the puff pastry if you haven’t done so yet. It should take 20-30 minutes.
2. Prepare a bowl with some water and the lemon juice. Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples in paper thin slices, as shown in my picture. Leave the peel so it will give the red color to your roses. Right away, place the sliced apples in the bowl with lemon and water, so that they won’t change color.
3. Microwave the apples in the bowl, for about 3 minutes, to make them slightly softer.
4. Unwrap the puff pastry oven a clean and lightly floured counter. Using a rolling pin stretch the dough a little, trying to keep it in a rectangular shape. Cut the dough in 6 strips.
5. In a bowl, place three tablespoons of apricot preserve with two tablespoons of water. Microwave for about one minute, so that the preserve will be easier to spread. Spread the preserve on the dough.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Drain the apples.
7. Place the apples on the dough, as shown in my picture. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you’d like.
8. Fold up the bottom part of the dough.
9. Carefully roll, seal the edge, and place in a muffin cup.
10. Do the same for all 6 roses. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 40-45 minutes, until fully cooked. Sprinkle with powder sugar.
Looks fabulous worth the try and very impressive to guests I should imagine