More than 70 percent of Americans consume 10 percent of their daily calories from sugar. And about 10 percent of Americans consume one in every four of their calories from sugar.
We’ve been told to swap eggs for cereal. But that recommendation is dead wrong. In fact, it’s very likely that this bad advice has killed millions of Americans.
Eggs are among the few foods that I would classify as “superfoods.” They are loaded with nutrients, some of which are rare in the modern diet.
A study showed that your risk of heart attacks doubles if sugar makes up 20 percent of your calories.
So eat up your eggs!
In one study showed, 2 eggs per day for 6 weeks increased HDL levels (Good cholesterol) by 10%
Here are 10 reasons you should be eating eggs every day.
1. Eggs Are Incredibly Nutritious
2. Eggs Are High in Cholesterol, But They Don’t Adversely Affect Blood Cholesterol
3. Eggs Raise HDL (The “Good”) Cholesterol
4. Eggs Contain Choline – an Important Nutrient That Most People Don’t Get Enough of
5. Eggs Turn LDL Cholesterol From Small, Dense to Large, Linked to a Reduced Risk of Heart Disease
6. Eggs Contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Antioxidants That Have Major Benefits For Eye Health
7. In the Case of Omega-3 or Pastured Eggs, They Lower Triglycerides as Well
8. Eggs Are High in Quality Protein, With All The Essential Amino Acids in The Right Ratios
9. Eggs do NOT Raise Your Risk of Heart Disease and May Reduce The Risk of Stroke
10. Eggs Are Highly Fulfilling and Tend to Make You Eat Fewer Calories, Helping You to Lose Weight
Bottom Line: Egg consumption consistently leads to elevated levels of HDL (the “good”) cholesterol, which is linked to a reduced risk of many diseases.