Tag Archives: laughter
1. If you put a dry tea bag in your pair os shoes that don’t smell too good it will help to absorb that not so nice smell. If you sprinkle baking soda inside the shoe that also is of great benefit to get rid of that smell.
For more ideas go to Natural Remedy ideas
2. This is a good suggestion when applying for a job: Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Make sure your shoes are clean and nice in appearance.
As they say “shoes speak louder than words”
3. Laughter helps to destroy tumor cells and reduce risk of cancer by 25%.
Laughter is a physical reaction in humans and some other species of primate, consisting typically of rhythmical, often audible contractions of the diaphragm and other parts of the respiratory system. It is a response to certain external or internal stimuli.
Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
Laughter the best medicine
4. Music is one of the few activities in life that involve using the whole brain.
Finnish researchers have developed a groundbreaking new method that allows to study how the brain processes different aspects of music, such as rhythm, tonality and timbre (sound color) in a realistic listening situation. The study is pioneering in that it for the first time reveals how wide networks in the brain, including areas responsible for motor actions, emotions, and creativity, are activated during music listening. The new method helps us understand better the complex dynamics of brain networks and the way music affects us.
More info on this subject
5.Thomas Jefferson wrote in an 1816 letter to John Taylor that ‘the banking system of the US Government could potentially destroy ‘all our constitutions’, was already corrupt, was sweeping away in its progress the fortunes and morals of our citizens, would swindle future generations to acquire its funding and that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies’ . I think that guy had great foresight in my opinion.
6. Interactive ‘Murder Map’ pinpoints all homicide locations in London since 1811
A project, founded by Peter Stubley, aims to create a comprehensive portrayal of homicide in London.
The murderous database uses information released by the Metropolitan Police, the Crown Prosecution Service alongside media coverage and court records to show slayings by knife crime, gun crime, bombings and poison, among other causes.
This was so funny I had to share. It think the cat ‘Pinky’ needs to go to the ‘Cat Whisperer’.
1. The female orgasm reduces sensitivity to pain, increases bloodflow to the brain, and reduces stress and depression.
2. Inhale through your mouth, swallow saliva twice, and slowly exhale through your nose for a 100% effective hiccup cure.
4. Dark chocolate contains a chemical that our bodies convert into phenylethylamine, the same chemical secreted when we fall in love.
5. Laughter relieves stress, anxiety, depression, and reduces the risk of cancer, which is why a sense of humor is attractive and healthy!
1. Did you know that 2/3rds of the proportion, by which education achievements are down to genes, not classroom environment or the involvement of parents.
Source – UK researchers
2. Green tea compound may improve power of Cancer drugs. It has been revealed that a molecule that is a key ingredient in green tea can be used as a carrier for anti-cancer proteins. While this does not mean drinking green tea will cure cancer, scientists have discovered the molecule, which has the catch name of epigallocatechin -3-0gallate – May improve the effectiveness of anti cancer drugs used to treat breast and stomach cancers.
Source – Journal Nature Nanotechnology
3. Norway is the best place to grow old. Australia came in 13th which puts Australia behind the US, Japan, New Zealand, and the UK. The report card for Australia shows that the Aussie oldies are highly educated and healthy, but there are too many living in “poverty” and worried about their personal safety.
Source – Body and Soul – Aust Sunday Mail
4. Laughter can cause the tissue that forms the inner lining of blood vessels to expand and this in turn increases blood flow. It is recommended that you laugh at least 15 min per day to get the best benefits
Source – University of Maryland , US
5. Brushing you teeth less than twice a day may increase your risk of heart disease by 70 percent. Participants in a test who had bad oral hygiene, tested positive for inflammatory markers. Researchers said their results confirmed and further strengthened the suggested association between oral hygiene and the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Source – University college London
6. Women who routinely practice yoga may have lower amounts of cytokine interleukin-6 (a substance that increases inflammation and heart disease risk) in their blood. It is also equally effective for novices and pros
Source – Ohio State university
Laughter is strong medicine for mind and body
“Your sense of humor is one of the most powerful tools you have to make certain that your daily mood and emotional state support good health.” ~ Paul E. McGhee, Ph.D.
Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh.
Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert.
With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting problems, enhancing your relationships, and supporting both physical and emotional health.
Some things can be restored. Those that can’t, we learn to love… just the way they are.