I just love this coleslaw. In fact I will often go to what I term Kentucky Duckie and get the coleslaw and nothing else.
I have to say it is not cheap though, that large container is about $5 – $7 depending on what country you buy it in.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 cups finely chopped cabbage (about 1 head)
1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium carrot)
2 tablespoons minced onion
sprinkling of celery seed (optional)
Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces, very small about the size of rice. Then combine the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Now you are ready to add cabbage, carrots, and onion, and mix very well. Put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Serves 10-12
1. According to AARP – The median net worth of Americans under 35 is now $3,662. Ages 55 to 64 – $162.065 in net worth
2. 18 to 24 year olds average 510 Facebook Friends and ages 55 to 64 averages 113
3. The percentage of young people with drivers licenses has plunged. They driver about a quarter less than their counterparts did eight years ago.
4. 41 percent of young people are not hooked up to a landline phone. Guess what – 83% of them sleep next to their mobile devices
5. KFC fears that “Generation Mc Nugget” doesn’t understand old- school chicken with bones. Solution – Buckets of Boneless chicken
6. Only 18 percent of those who are 18 to 34 say owning their own home is is one of the most important things in their life
7. Saving the Planet? – Three times more Millennials than boomers said they did not make any personal effort to help the environment
source:- Meghan Bogardus – AARP – The Magazine
I think this picture speaks for itself, really… Don’t you think?