- Get dental work for a fraction of the cost from dentist – supervised students. Go to ada.org and click on dental schools. The federal government also offers help. Go to nidcr.nih.gov then search “findings dental care”
2. A survey found that if you haggle the price of hearing aids with certain retail businesses you may be able to save. One survey found about half of the 14% who haggled got a better deal. Sometime you can save over 1,000 dollars buying online. I promote of course to buy from the retailer to support them and employment.
3. Apply for free meds:- Go to the partnership for prescription assistance pparx.org . Patients that qualify save hundreds of dollars.
4. Be a house sitter:- The site trustedhousesitters.com Matches those sho need their pets and homes watched. Another site to go to for more information on this is SecretBlogger.com
5. Discount for Train rides:- Amtrak cuts 10% off most fares for riders 62 plus. Via rail Canada offers 10% off adult fares for travelers over 60
- Judean Date Palm was miraculously brought back to life following the chance discovery of seeds in the 2,000-year-old ruins of Masada, the male date palm tree named Methuselah, the only one of his kind, has become a father.
For thousands of years, the date palm was a staple crop in the Kingdom of Judea, as it was a source of food, shelter and shade. Thick forests of the palms towering up to 80 feet and spreading for 7 miles covered the Jordan River valley from the Sea of Galilee in the north to the shores of the Dead Sea in the south.
So valued was the tree that it became a recognized as a symbol of good fortune in Judea. It is chronicled in the Bible, Quran and ancient literature for its diverse powers, from an aphrodisiac to a contraceptive, and as a cure for a wide range of diseases including cancer, malaria and toothache.
2. Raynaud’s disease is a condition that turns your fingers white or blue when you are cold. Your body overreact to cold temperatures and restricts blood flow to the extremities. Apparently smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas
3. According to studies too much exercise is not healthy. Your body’s Homeostasis (regulators that keep the composition of the extracellular fluids constant) collapses when you over do exercise. Moderation is important. Stress on the body produces large amounts of free radicals that causes stress like sore or strained muscles. So overdoing exercise has no health benefits. Source: The Enzyme Factor. (Excellent book – worth getting)
4. Water the giver of life – Our bodies are composed of nearly 90 percent waters using pure water for drinking and bathing is essential to our health. More than 700 pollutants most of them carcinogens often found in drinking water from municipal sources and rural wells. The exposure to our skin is significant and goes unrecognized as a health threat . Filtered water is the safest way to go. It can be a little pricy but it is the only way to give your family the highest quality water.
Source: Secrets of Longevity: Hundreds of ways to live to be 100
Additional source: http://lifechanging-water.com
5. I know it’s almost winter here in the States but it will be summer sometime somewhere and there will be bugs and mosquitos. Now as you know repellents contain dangerous chemicals. It has been shown that prescription drugs in you system can combine with other compounds such as what you put on your skin and can cause brain cell death and other neurotic reactions including seizures. A natural substance which I use daily in my oil burner (it is also called Indian oil of verbena) is a great choice to keep the bugs away. You will find it at your health food store.
Source: Secrets of Longevity: Hundreds of ways to live to be 100 (another excellent book I have had it for years. Not sure if I will live till 100 but will give it a try)