1. 90% of the ‘Happy Hormone’ Serotonin is made in the stomach, which is why digestive problems often cause depression.
Source – Nutrition and Food Science
2. According to a study presented to the Gerontological Society of America, men and women who took a 1000mg resveratrol supplement daily showed significantly increased blood flow to the brain. “We also saw exciting evidence suggesting comprehension and memory processing were improved” said Dr Steve Anton.
I think that would be a whole lot of red wine so maybe the tablets would be the better alternative otherwise you would end up intoxicated every day and I am not sure if your memory would be working very well the next day.
3. 300 minutes a week is the average that dog owners walk. 168 minutes is the average that non-dog owners walk.
Source – Nature and health
4. 19 Million is the number of prescriptions for antibiotics written every year in Australia – One of the highest usage rates in the world.
5. A ‘cargotecture’ is shipping containers are used in eco-friendly construction, from hotels to stores – eve, in Washington DC holiday rental cottages