Tag Archives: honey
- Juice of an orange (remove the pits)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 5 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Add all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring ingredients to a boil, then turn the heat down to very low.
- Whisk and simmer gently for five minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Set aside in a ramekin. Leftovers can last up to two weeks when stored in an airtight container.
1. In Japan – Beer cans have braille on them so blind people don’t accidentally get drunk.
In braille it says: “alcohol.” Asahi beer for reference…
3. In 2014, UK scientists created the fastest ever Internet connection – Clocking speeds of 1.4 terabits per second – enough to download 44 HD movies per second.
4. That flavor is a marker for the uncontaminated nutritional value of your food – Chemical Technology has developed a smoke screen for bad quality food by masking the flavor with a inferior quality ingredients to make the food taste great with no nutritional value. The great taste and aroma can fool consumers to think they are eating food of wholesome quality. Hence we have continued history of increased bad health and obesity .
My saying which is probably not the best example being sausages. If you are having a meal of just sausage you will probably only eat one. Put tomato sauce on them you will probably eat a whole lot more. Reason being the salt and sugar and additives in the tomato sauce will stimulate your taste buds. Just sayin.
5. Mushrooms are more closely related to humans than they are to plants – The major difference between a plant (vegetable) and mushroom is how they acquire their food. In the case of plants, they possess chlorophyll and make their food via photosynthesis. Fungi, on the other hand, exist on decaying material in nature. Also the obvious structural differences, such as lack of leaves, roots, and seeds.So fungi now have their own kingdom on the basis of cellular organization.
Source Go to the source to find out more
This looks to be a great quick easy meal for those who have little time to cook and make it healthy. Rice takes no time and the broccoli a quick steam together with the shrimp and wallah – Done
Here are the quantities if you missed them
Recipe – Ingredients:1 1/2 t.fresh garlic, 2 t. fresh ginger, 1/3 c. soy sauce, 1/2 t. crushed red pepper, 1 T. olive oil, 1/3 c. honey Directions: Put shrimp into plastic bag and marinade in the 1/2 the sauce for 15 min. in the fridge; then saute mixture in the olive oil in a frying pan till tender; top with remaining sauce and serve
1. Honey does not spoil. You could feasibly eat 3000 year old honey.
2. There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe.
Read more at
3. It would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood.
Read more at
4. It can take a photon 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to the surface, but only 8 minutes to travel the rest of the way to earth.
Read more at
5. People decide whether you are smart, likable, extroverted, adventurous, successful, or trustworthy within just 3 seconds of meeting you.
- Top Home Remedies.
a. Honey for cuts – Its antioxidant, antibacterial properties help cleanse and heal wounds.
b. Potato peel for burns – The juices in the potato keep the burn moist. Cover with a bandage
c. Duct tape for a twisted ankle – Stabilze the ankle or wrist by wrapping the injury with thin strips of the tape.
d. Greek yogurt for a Sunburn – The lactic acid works to remove dead skin. Leave on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
e. Toothpaste for Bee Stings – The alkaline toothpaste neutralizes the acid in the bee’s venom.
Source – AARP.ORG/Bulletin
2. $457 Billion – the amount Americans spent on prescription drugs in 2015. Up 18% over previous year.
208% rise in prices – for the most popular brands of drugs from 2008 – 2016
$14.5 million median salary of a pharmaceutical firm CEO in 2015 more than any other industry.
$6.4 billion about drug companies spend advertising directly to consumers in the USA annually
$24 billion is the amount drug companies spend per year marketing to doctors
3. 62.5% – Are the number of kids who use smartphones or tablets who will get head lice within five years compared to 29% who don’t use them. Gathering around the gadgets is thought to help lice to spread.
Source – Oxford University
4. Hold hands to feel better – Partners of women in labour have normally held their hand during this process. There is now scientific proof that holding your lovers hand helps reduce the pain that they are feeling. It is to do with “interpersonal synchronization” where partners heartbeats and breathing synch during shared activities. A US study of 22 couples found that just sitting next to each other led to a physiological synch-up, but that stopped when pain appeared. If they touched hands though, the couples breathing and heart rates aligned again, and the pain reduced.
5. Apparently according to research from the University of Minnesota’s Carlson school of management in the US found that those who performed tasks in a messy environment were 28% more creative than those who did so in a tidy room
Detox Drink Recipe Ingredients
If you want to cleanse, lose body fat, boost energy and help reverse disease, then adding natural detox drinks to your diet can help you improve your quality of life … fast!
Try this Secret Detox drink recipe for fast results:
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to lower blood pressure up to 6 percent. It can also help eat up the starches if you do eat grains in your diet. (I use Bragg – Apple Cider Vinegar.)
Lemon juice helps balance blood sugar and has an alkaline effect on your body helping to regulate PH. It also contains vitamin C.
Cinnamon is one of the best antioxidants on the planet. It’s the number one herb/spice for balancing blood sugar.
Cayenne pepper has been shown to drop blood pressure, increase metabolism.
Stevia is an all-natural sweetener made from the stevia plant, and it’s a great replacement for any artificial sweeteners.
I recommend consuming this drink three times daily 20 minutes before meals for two weeks, then consuming it one time a day before breakfast or lunch.
Secret Detox Drink Recipe
- 1 glass of warm or hot water (12-16 oz.)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 dash Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional)
- Warm the water.
- mix all ingredients together.
- Best served warm but drink at desired temperature.
- Coffee beans are not beans they are fruit pits – A coffee bean is a seed of the coffee plant, and is the source for coffee. It is the pit inside the red or purple fruit often referred to as a cherry. Just like ordinary cherries, the coffee fruit is also a so-called stone fruit. Even though the coffee beans are seeds, they are referred to as ‘beans’. When green coffee beans are roasted, other molecules with the typical pleasant aroma of coffee are generated, which are not present in fresh green coffee. During roasting, the major part of the unpleasant-tasting volatile compounds are neutralised.
2. Tomatoes added to roasts will help tenderize them naturally. Tomatoes contain an acid that works well to break down meats. Ginger is also a good tenderizer.: You’ll often find ginger listed as an ingredient in marinades, did you know it’s not just for its flavor? Ginger contains a proteolytic enzyme that naturally breaks down protein.
3. Honey and raw garlic great for the body as we all know – But if you Take 2-3 garlic cloves, chop them finely, and add a tablespoon of honey.Taken every day it will boost your energy levels to an extremely high extent!
The following garlic flu tonic will efficiently boost your immunity and prevent and soothe a sore throat and treat flu and cold symptoms. It is very potent and strong natural remedy. This is how to prepare it:
Garlic flu tonic-recipe
5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
Raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
2 red chili peppers, coarsely chopped
Next, you should get a 350-500ml Mason jar, and add the chopped onion in one layer, then the chopped garlic in another, and then the hot peppers, with the seeds. Next, add the ginger, pour the lemon juice into the jar, and the organic apple cider vinegar in the end.
Seal the jar tightly, but note that you should leave 1cm of free space from the rim. Then, keep the jar in the pantry. Consume it regularly to prevent ailments, or until your symptoms completely disappear.
4. The shortest national anthem is the Japanese national anthem which is only 4 lines long. Its lyrics are the oldest among the world’s national anthems, and with a length of 11 measures and 32 characters “Kimigayo” is also one of the world’s shortest.
5. Caraway seeds are believed to have been used in Europe longer than any other condiment. Their use was first recorded in Egypt in the medical papyrus of the Thebes in 1552 B.C.
Superstitions held that caraway had the power to prevent the theft of any object that contained the seed and to keep lovers from losing interest in one another. Caraway is used for digestive problems including heartburn, bloating, gas, loss of appetite, and mild spasms of the stomach and intestines. Caraway oil is also used to help people cough up phlegm, improve control of urination, kill bacteria in the body, and relieve constipation.