Tag Archives: honey
- Juice of an orange (remove the pits)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 5 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Add all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring ingredients to a boil, then turn the heat down to very low.
- Whisk and simmer gently for five minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Set aside in a ramekin. Leftovers can last up to two weeks when stored in an airtight container.
1. In Japan – Beer cans have braille on them so blind people don’t accidentally get drunk.
In braille it says: “alcohol.” Asahi beer for reference…
3. In 2014, UK scientists created the fastest ever Internet connection – Clocking speeds of 1.4 terabits per second – enough to download 44 HD movies per second.
4. That flavor is a marker for the uncontaminated nutritional value of your food – Chemical Technology has developed a smoke screen for bad quality food by masking the flavor with a inferior quality ingredients to make the food taste great with no nutritional value. The great taste and aroma can fool consumers to think they are eating food of wholesome quality. Hence we have continued history of increased bad health and obesity .
My saying which is probably not the best example being sausages. If you are having a meal of just sausage you will probably only eat one. Put tomato sauce on them you will probably eat a whole lot more. Reason being the salt and sugar and additives in the tomato sauce will stimulate your taste buds. Just sayin.
5. Mushrooms are more closely related to humans than they are to plants – The major difference between a plant (vegetable) and mushroom is how they acquire their food. In the case of plants, they possess chlorophyll and make their food via photosynthesis. Fungi, on the other hand, exist on decaying material in nature. Also the obvious structural differences, such as lack of leaves, roots, and seeds.So fungi now have their own kingdom on the basis of cellular organization.
Source Go to the source to find out more
This looks to be a great quick easy meal for those who have little time to cook and make it healthy. Rice takes no time and the broccoli a quick steam together with the shrimp and wallah – Done
Here are the quantities if you missed them
Recipe – Ingredients:1 1/2 t.fresh garlic, 2 t. fresh ginger, 1/3 c. soy sauce, 1/2 t. crushed red pepper, 1 T. olive oil, 1/3 c. honey Directions: Put shrimp into plastic bag and marinade in the 1/2 the sauce for 15 min. in the fridge; then saute mixture in the olive oil in a frying pan till tender; top with remaining sauce and serve
1. Honey does not spoil. You could feasibly eat 3000 year old honey.
2. There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe.
Read more at
3. It would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood.
Read more at
4. It can take a photon 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to the surface, but only 8 minutes to travel the rest of the way to earth.
Read more at
5. People decide whether you are smart, likable, extroverted, adventurous, successful, or trustworthy within just 3 seconds of meeting you.
- Top Home Remedies.
a. Honey for cuts – Its antioxidant, antibacterial properties help cleanse and heal wounds.
b. Potato peel for burns – The juices in the potato keep the burn moist. Cover with a bandage
c. Duct tape for a twisted ankle – Stabilze the ankle or wrist by wrapping the injury with thin strips of the tape.
d. Greek yogurt for a Sunburn – The lactic acid works to remove dead skin. Leave on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
e. Toothpaste for Bee Stings – The alkaline toothpaste neutralizes the acid in the bee’s venom.
Source – AARP.ORG/Bulletin
2. $457 Billion – the amount Americans spent on prescription drugs in 2015. Up 18% over previous year.
208% rise in prices – for the most popular brands of drugs from 2008 – 2016
$14.5 million median salary of a pharmaceutical firm CEO in 2015 more than any other industry.
$6.4 billion about drug companies spend advertising directly to consumers in the USA annually
$24 billion is the amount drug companies spend per year marketing to doctors
3. 62.5% – Are the number of kids who use smartphones or tablets who will get head lice within five years compared to 29% who don’t use them. Gathering around the gadgets is thought to help lice to spread.
Source – Oxford University
4. Hold hands to feel better – Partners of women in labour have normally held their hand during this process. There is now scientific proof that holding your lovers hand helps reduce the pain that they are feeling. It is to do with “interpersonal synchronization” where partners heartbeats and breathing synch during shared activities. A US study of 22 couples found that just sitting next to each other led to a physiological synch-up, but that stopped when pain appeared. If they touched hands though, the couples breathing and heart rates aligned again, and the pain reduced.
5. Apparently according to research from the University of Minnesota’s Carlson school of management in the US found that those who performed tasks in a messy environment were 28% more creative than those who did so in a tidy room