- Juice of an orange (remove the pits)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 5 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Add all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring ingredients to a boil, then turn the heat down to very low.
- Whisk and simmer gently for five minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Set aside in a ramekin. Leftovers can last up to two weeks when stored in an airtight container.