I thought this was a great idea. Don’t know if it is being used but it should be.
Tag Archives: High
1.Ginger is a long used medicine in many cultures, it is a winter must have because of its anti inflammatory compounds. It is very inexpensive and known to be used for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the cancer linked to it.
2. If you want to befriend a dog this is how you do it. Dogs get high when you rub their ears real good. They have a branch of nerves in their ears that extend to their internal organs and release endorphins when you rub them, sending relaxing impulses through their bodies and going them a natural high.
3. Anxiety can be a direct result of their parents behavior. Though high anxiety is partly genetic, children are more likely to be anxious if their parents openly criticize them, doubt their competence, are controlling, or are emotionally cold – to the pont that researchers analyzing a childs anxiety have been able to predict their mother’s behavior before ever observing it.
4. With a country such as Norway, with so many beautiful areas and scenery, you might think that the access is restricted or commercialized by someone. But that isn’t the case. Trespassing is not so much of a thing in Norway. The country has a law called ‘allemannsretten’ meaning every man’s right or the right to roam that dates back to ancient times and allow you to freely roam and camp on all uncultivated land as long as you show respect for nature and pick up your trash.
5. The phrase ‘Crab mentality’ is used to describe the ‘if I can’t have it, neither can you’ mindset. The metaphors refers to a pot of crabs that could easily get out, but they ensure their own demise by competitively clawing at each other-like spiteful humans trying to bring down those who are more successful by diminishing their importance
If you live in a ‘High Rise’ building I think this is a great investment. Even this morning there was 7 deaths in an apartment fire which maybe, who knows, one of these backpacks may have saved some lives.
They are not cheap but if your intention is to live in apartments then I think they are a must. Beats jumping.
1. Cocao is the ‘In’ thing. According to the news site Ozy.com Fancy cocktails and illicit substances are not so ‘Hip’ anymore. The party goers are opting for a healthier solution to get that ‘High’. Those looking for that lift across the globe are drinking eating and even snorting the sweet stuff while getting their groove on to the music.
According to Ozy.com at a monthly dance party in Berlin, cocoa is mixed with hone, cinnamon and agave syrup and offered in vats to the revellers.Cacao pills are also being popped at substance-free gigs in London and New York. In Belgium you can take a whiff of powdered chocolate mixed with ginger, raspberry and mint.
You may ask why? – Cacao boosts serotonin, releases endorphins, relaxes muscles and stimulates the brain.
Source – Body and Soul – Sunday Mail Australia – July 10
2. Eating Fat will not make you put on weight – A new study published in the journal the “Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology found that people following a diet high in healthy fats lost more weight than those who reduced their fat intake overall.
This of course is nothing new but is still hard for people to understand how this works and of course still gets sucked in to the ‘Fat Free’ advertising. Let loose guys it tastes good too.
There is an exception avoid the pork belly and provolone as they are not considered the good fat.
That is sad as they are two of my favorite foods.
3. 50% of Australians don’t know how to pronounce quinoa correctly. I bet that figure is the same in most countries. They figure 16% say “Kin-oa” and 9 % who say “Key-noa” think it is the correct way. If you have read this article then you will know next time you are asked it is “Keen-wah”. Don’t ask me how they get that out of that word but that is why the english language is so hard to learn. I am glad I don’t have to learn it.
4. The best part of our fruit and vegetables are thrown away. Studies now show that you should be eating those cores, skins, stalks because nutritionally they are the best parts.
5. Signs that you are a “Worry Wart” are disturbed sleep patterns – Falling ill while on holidays – Moodiness, such as anger, or sadness – you have become a perfectionist and fear failure.
In 5 steps you can worry less
1. A trigger is forecasting something negative. You are worrying about something that does not even exist yet and never will. When this happens to you say to yourself that “Worry does not help and is imaginary”. If you say it enough it will help.
2. Be aware when this worry thing kicks in. You feel a panic come over your body, your breathing becomes shallow, you frown, you become tense. If you are listening to your body you can do something about it. Breathe deep and exhale slow and be mindful of how your body is reacting to worry.
3. Challenge the accuracy of your information. Share it with a professional. Try to be in the present and be aware of the beautiful things around you. Enjoy the moment.
4. Cortisol is the fuel for worry. Keep it low. Exercise, eat well and get plenty of sleep if you can.
5. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Try to be very clear on your purpose in life and don’t let the media, tv, or a negative friend influence your thoughts. I know from experience that a negative friend can be very draining so try to change the subject from anything that is not a positive though and have a laugh its the best remedy for anything.
“If you don’t do different nothing will change”
This is quite interesting for those who are prone to blood clots and high cholesterol
1. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs is not one of them.
2. Never cancel dinner plans by text message.
3. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.
4. If a street performer makes you stop walking, you owe him a buck.
5. Always use ‘we’ when referring to your home team or your government.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Don’t underestimate free throws in a game of ‘horse’.
8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
9. Don’t dumb it down.
10. You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack.
12. Never park in front of a bar.
13. Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.
14. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car, and first boy/girlfriend.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.
16. A suntan is earned, not bought.
17. Never lie to your doctor.
18. All guns are loaded.
19. Don’t mention sunburns. Believe me, they know.
20. The best way to show thanks is to wear it. Even if it’s only once.
21. Take a vacation of your cell phone, internet, and TV once a year.
22. Don’t fill up on bread, no matter how good.
23. A handshake beats an autograph.
24. Don’t linger in the doorway. In or out.
25. If you choose to go in drag, don’t sell yourself short.
26. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
27. Never get your hair cut the day of a special event.
28. Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.
29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.
30. When you’re with new friends, don’t just talk about old friends.
31. Eat lunch with the new kids.
32. When traveling, keep your wits about you.
33. It’s never too late for an apology.
34. Don’t pose with booze.
35. If you have the right of way, take it.
36. You don’t get to choose your own nickname.
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.
38. Never push someone off a dock.
39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she’s pregnant.
40. It’s not enough to be proud of your ancestry; live up to it.
41. Don’t make a scene.
42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is best.
43. Know when to ignore the camera.
44. Never gloat.
45. Invest in good luggage.
46. Make time for your mom on your birthday. It’s her special day, too.
47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.
48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.
49. Give credit. Take blame.
50. Suck it up every now and again.
51. Never be the last one in the pool.
52. Don’t stare.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.
54. Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
55. If you’ve made your point, stop talking.
56. Admit it when you’re wrong.
57. If you offer to help don’t quit until the job is done.
58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.
59. Thank the bus driver.
60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.
61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.
62. Know at least one good joke.
63. Don’t boo. Even the ref is somebody’s son.
64. Know how to cook one good meal.
65. Learn to drive a stick shift.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.
67. It’s okay to go to the movies by yourself.
68. Dance with your mother/father.
69. Don’t lose your cool. Especially at work.
70. Always thank the host.
71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late.
72. Know the size of your boy/girlfriend’s clothes.
73. There is nothing wrong with a plain t-shirt.
74. Be a good listener. Don’t just wait for your turn to talk.
75. Keep your word.
76. In college, always sit in the front. You’ll stand out immediately.
77. Carry your mother’s bags. She carried you for nine months.
78. Be patient with airport security. They’re just doing their jobs.
79. Don’t be the talker in a movie.
80. The opposite sex likes people who shower.
81. You are what you do, not what you say.
82. Learn to change a tire.
83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.
84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent. Ask for advice when you need it.
85. Don’t litter.
86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
87. You won’t always be the strongest or the fastest. But you can be the toughest.
88. Never call someone before 9am or after 9pm.
89. Buy the orange properties in Monopoly.
90. Make the little things count.
91. Always wear a bra at work.
92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
93. You’re never too old to need your mom.
94. Ladies, if you make the decision to wear heels on the first date, commit to keeping them on and keeping your trap shut about how much your feet kill.
95. Know the words to your national anthem.
96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun then sitting on the bench alone.
97. Smile at strangers.
98. Make goals.
99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.
100. If you have to fight, punch first and punch hard.