For The Love Of Bees
For The Love Of Bees
When You Are in a Panic – Diaphragmatic (deep breathing) technique delivers more oxygen to the body, soothing the nervous system. The diaphragms rhythmic movement also massages your organs.
a. Lie on your front with your head to one side. Rest your arms either side of your head, placing your hands on the floor close to your crown.
b. Take a few moments to settle and get comfortable. Relax and soften your facial muscles, let your eyes close and become aware of your breath. Let your whole body melt into the floor as you exhale.
c. As you inhale fully notice how your belly softly presses int the ground then as you exhale, how it gently retracts again.
d. As you breathe slowly and naturally, move your attention to your ribcage and notice how the side ribs move, widening as you inhale and drawing back as you exhale. Just notice this movement and allow it to be easy without changing it.
e. Widen your attention to focus on your lower back. Feel how it expands and opens as you breathe in and softens and releases down as you breathe out.
f. Turn your head to the other side to even out the stretch and breathe with the same deep awareness for a few more minutes.
g. Come onto all fours, softly spreading your hands open and feeling your back wide and long. Keep your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your hips. Gently bring your feet together and as you breathe out draw your hips back to your heels, then ease your butt back until it touches your feet to create a gentle stretch through your spine. (Child pose in yoga).
h. Release your ribs down onto your thighs and lower your chest and shoulders to bring your arms and forehead to relax on the floor. Rest here completely surrendering your body to gravity.
After that you should be feeling a lot calmer
I have been getting articles from this great website called Draxe.com . You can actually sign up for free and get his articles, its worth it as he has some great information.
The article I am presenting you today is especially interesting to us girls although these days I am sure the boys would be interested as well.
Its all about fish collagen. Heard of it? I have heard of just plain collagen powder but not this. ‘Fish collagen is absorbed up to 1.5 times more efficiently into the body and has superior bioavailability over bovine or porcine collagens’.
Fish collagen can be absorbed at a higher level through the intestinal barrier into the bloodstream and carried throughout the body. This leads to collagen synthesis in the joint tissues, bones, skin dermis and many other essential body systems. Sounds like good stuff to me.
The health benefits of this collagen is
1. Anti aging
2. Helps regenerate and heal bones
3. Heals wounds
4. Increases your protein intake
5. Has antibacterial qualities
This collagen was first found about 1985 by a pharmacist extracting it from the skin of fish. Sometimes it can be called marine collagen but marine collagen could be extracted from shellfish and jellyfish which is not recommended so keep that in mind.
This protien comes from the scales, skin, bones and fins of fresh or saltwater fish and parts we do not normally eat like the eyes and the rest of the head. You can also get this protein through making a fish stock by boiling the whole of the fish (gutted). Fish collagen is high in essential and non-essential amino acids.
Anyway it all sounds good. I think I may make a face mask out of it see if it plumps up the wrinkles.
Will let you know.
Apparently it does not smell like fish so you don’t have to worry about the fishy smell on your face or food. Hydrolyzed fish collagen is the best as it is broken into small molecules and easily absorbed.
For me I think its worth giving a try.
If you want to read more about this go to Dr Axes website, sign up and get his news letters.
1.While standing, tilt your head back and look towards the ceiling.
2.Pucker your lips and “kiss the ceiling.”
3.Hold the kiss for five seconds.
4.Relax your lips and return your head to a neutral position.
5.Repeat this 15 times.
1.While facing forward, open your mouth wide.
2.Stick your tongue out slowly over a five count, until it is as far out as possible.
3.Return the tongue to your mouth over another five count.
4.Repeat this 10 times.
1.Tilt your head back and look towards the ceiling.
2.Push your lower jaw forward to feel a stretch under the chin.
3.Hold the jaw jut for a 10 count.
4.Relax your jaw and return your head to a neutral position.
5.Repeat this 10 times.
1.While standing, drop your chin forward to your chest.
2.Slowly rotate your head to the right.
3.Hold your head for a five count.
4.Slowly rotate your head back down so that your chin is to your chest.
5.Continue to rotate your head to the left.
6.Hold your head for a five count.
7.Repeat this for 30 seconds.
1.While keeping a straight back, open your mouth as wide as possible.
2.Place the tip of your tongue against the backside of your bottom row of teeth.
3.Inhale through your mouth, and exhale while making an “ahh” sound.
4.Continue this for one minute.
5.Relax the mouth and tongue.
6.Repeat this once more.
1.Making a “V” shape with your hand, place your thumb on one side of the jaw and the rest of your fingers on the other side.
2.Make sure your fingers are far back on the jawline, with the thumb and index finger in the same place as each other on opposite sides.
3.While holding your hand in place, press forward using your head and neck.
4.Hold for 30 seconds.
5.Relax the neck and hand.
6.Repeat this three times.
1.While laying face-up on a bed, allow your head to hang off the end.
2.Slowly lift your head up towards your chest while keeping the back and shoulders flat against the bed.
3.Hold for 10 seconds.
4.Very slowly return your head to its starting position.
5.Repeat this two times.
7. How to Add And Subtract Fractions
8. How To Convert Fahrenheit To Celsius
9. How to Quickly Figure Out the Day of the Week Any Date Falls On
10. How To Remember Which Sign Is Greater Than And Which Is Less Than
11. How Japanese kids learn to multiply in primary school
Now this I find fascinating. How simple does this make it.
1. Research has shown that coconut oil or sesame oil swished around your mouth for 20 minutes a day reduce gum disease. Apparently it is an ancient Indian remedy used to ‘Pull’ bacteria from the mouth. I practice it, but only for a couple of minutes, 20 minutes may be a bit of a push for me. It is said to help whiten your teeth.
2. A lobsters blood is colorless but when exposed to oxygen it turns blue.’ Tomalley‘ is the lobster’s liver. It turns green when cooked and is considered a delicacy. ‘Coral‘ is the red colored material and is the egg mass of a female lobster. Cooking colors the tiny eggs a deep coral or red.
3. Lipsticks with shimmering effects were initially made using a pearlscent substance found in fish scales. Lip colouring started to gain some popularity in 16th century England. During the time of Queen Elizabeth I bright red lips and a stark white face became fashionable.
4. There is a new device to help prevent migraines. It is called Cefaly, it electrically zaps nerves in the forehead that are thought to be linked to the source of the debilitating headaches. They say at least 36 million Americans suffer from these headaches. Cefaly is positioned on the forehead using an adhesive electrode. Precise impulses are produced, which act on the trigeminal nerve in order to reduce pain and prevent migraine attacks.
5. Did you know that in warmer weather, tires lose air at a higher rate, reducing gas mileage and decreasing their life span. I also causes battery failure so make sure you top off the fluid and clean corrosion from the terminals and make sure the cables are tightly connected. When possible always park your car in the shade. These are good tips for those of us that lives in Texas.
3. Chickens have the uncanny ability to keep their head stable while their body moves around.
4. It is impossible to tickle yourself . The reason is The human brain anticipates unimportant sensations, such as your own touch.
Researchers followed more than 15,000 individuals from high school age in 1994 to their late twenties in 2008. After following the participants for 14 years, the study found a clear link between a satisfying childhood and a higher salary as adults. Some of the reasons the researchers believe that happier children go on to become more successful is due to their positive, outgoing attitude and their greater likelihood of getting hired, promoted and earning a higher degree.
Why? Turns out that sugar slows down the absorption of alcohol from the stomach to the bloodstream.
“In other words, it is not that diet soda accelerates intoxication. Rather, the sugar in regular soda slows down the rate of alcohol absorption,” explains Dennis Thombs, a professor at the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. He published a paper with similar findings.
“Alcohol, consumed with a diet mixer, results in higher (BrAC) Breath Alcohol Concentrations as compared to the same amount of alcohol consumed with a sugar-sweetened mixer,” says Cecile Marczinski, a cognitive psychologist who authored the new study.