If This is true then I should be drinking more. Maybe I am not drinking enough.
According to a new Study by scientists from Washington State University and Harvard this is true. Apparently the chemical resveratrol works to stop fat cells from gaining even more fat. According to these brilliant people 2 glasses which is equal to about half a bottle – a day can help beat obesity by 70%.
Who am I to argue.
The wine calories helps you keep full so that you are less likely to reach out for those fattening after dinner snacks. Might be cause you have passed out on the couch.
Now the amazing thing is they are not the only ones saying this. The University of Denmark have found that those who drink wine every day (Me) had slimmer waistlines than those who didn’t.
I wonder if I drink more my waist line will get even slimmer. Need to put it to the test.
As You know I am a Dr Oz fan, also I have 3 friends that are suffering from the attack of Cancer on their bodies, so I found this quite amazing.
I am at this minute watching Dr Oz and writing this article while the ‘Ads’ are on.
1. There has been a study in Australia that has come up with an 82% chance of reduction in Ovarian Cancer. (One of my dear friends has this terrible cancer). This comes about by drinking at least 4 cups of Oolong tea or Green tea a day. They found the tea has chemical compounds that can destroy the cancer cell when come in contact directly.
2. Liver cancer risk can be reduced by 50% by drinking at least 3 cups of coffee a day. I know amazing. Coffee has an anti oxidant and anti inflammatory compounds that will starve cancer cells so they are unable to grow. Drink your coffee black and at least 24 fluid oz a day.
3. A Harvard study found that a certain fruit can reduce the risk of you contracting breast cancer by 40%. Compounds in PEACHES can inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells and their ability to spread.
After 12 days the researchers saw that mice fed with high levels of polyphenols (found in peaches) had tumors that grew less and without much of the blood vessel formation that can help cancer cells spread to other parts of the body. The tumors in those mice also had less evidence of enzymes involved in the spread and invasion of cancer.
You need to have at least 2 servings of peaches per week, Frozen or Fresh.
Prevention is better than cure, so just make sure you take these preventative every day of your life and your chances of contracting cancer or any disease for that matter is significantly reduced.
Did You Know
I am now Down Under and will be for a few months so here goes with a few Aussie and NZ ‘Did You Know’ Tip bits.
- Most people eat 40% extra food after being given bad news, according to a US study.
2 .That cinnamon may help ward off the Alzheimers disease due to two potentially desease fighting compound cinnamaldehyde and epicatechin. Source: University of California.
3. According to the Australian Prevention magazine, Women cry 5.3 times a month and men tear up on an average 1.4 times a month.
4. Dalai Lama said “choose to be optimistic, it feels better” and according to Harvard School of Public Health he is right. Cheerful people have fewer heart attacks and strokes higher levels of good HDL cholesterol and lover levels of triglycerides than the gloomiers. Another plus is that the more upbeat you are the more cancer-fighting carotenoids you have in your bloodstream. So Be Happy.
5. 17% of Australian women who suffer from migraines compared to 6% of men. the reason is thought to be hormonal factors for women. Source: Prevention australia
6. This is a good one, will have to try it next time. Oh let me think, yes have tried it and does ease the pain.
You can increase the time you are able to submerge your hands in ice – cold water if you swear at the same time. That is a UK study. Strange but true.