- Research reported in the Journal called the Lancet say’s that 45 minutes three to five times a week can improve your mental health. On the other hand more than 90 min a day can actually worsen your metal health – lesson here, is do not overdo it.
2. There are 196 countries in the world today:- 195 if you don’t include Taiwan as many countries do not officially recognize it
3. The perfect length of time to be on vacation is 8 days. Your health and wellness levels rise rapidly while on holiday but peak on the 8th day. The suggestion is to take more vacations instead of longer ones
4. Sleeping with your bedroom door closed could help you survive a house fire. Open door can reach 1,000+ degrees Fahrenheit. Having your door closed can keep the temperature in your room below 100, limit the carbon monoxide exposure and reduce smoke inhalation
5. One if five people suffer from misophonia – This is a condition where certain sounds trigger bouts of anger or stress. 36% say their symptoms worsened after they had caffeine. Some of the other triggers are Gum popping, food chewing or crunching, sniffing, breathing, not sure about that one ( We all have to breathe) , pen clicking, clock ticking, whistling, lip smacking, finger or foot tapping
Perfect barbecued Asparagus – When barbecuing asparagus, thread a wooden satay stir (soaked in water first) through the top and bottom of several pieces at a time, they are much easier to turn and won’t disappear through the gaps in the grill.
2. Dip your toes for a better sleep This I am not sure I would do but if it helps with sleep I am all for it – If you find it hard to sleep in the hot, humid weather especially if there is no air-conditioning, a bowl of iced water by the bed and cold your feet in it when you are wakeful as it helps regulate the whole body temperature.
3. Prevent a clogged sealant cartridge – After using a sealant cartridge plug the nozzle with blue tac and it will prevent drying out and clogging.
4. Prevent garden mould – To control sooty mould on gardenia and citrus, vigorously shake 250 ml vegetable oil and 60 ml dishwashing detergent in a screw top jar until white then use 2 tablespoons of the emulsion in a liter of water to spray your plants thoroughly. Good for pumpkin and cucumber plants I would say to stop that mould establishing itself.
5. Recycle the scoop – Recycle the plastic scoops that come in the laundry powder. This is great a measure to use in dry goods and dry pet food. Make sure you wash it well first though and leave it in the sun a while so it looses its perfume.
6. fashion tip – To remove gum from your clothes, cool the gum using an ice-cube then flick it off with a butter knife.
Source – The Australian Womans weekly.
1. Chewing gum makes you produce more saliva which can help neutralize acid. There is a study that found chewing sugar-free gum for 30 minutes after eating can help reduce reflux.
source – July /Prevention.com
2. Deet the colorless liquid works by blocking scent receptors bugs use to find targets. Deep is less toxic at or below 30% concentration . Higher doses are not more effective and can harm your health.
3. Thought this was quite interesting as we have been flossing for years because of the advice of many professionals.
4. You have a 1 in 649 – 739 chance of being dealt a Royal Straight Flush when you play poker. Your chances of getting struck by lightning is actually higher.
5. Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, suggested that a woman could enlarge her bust line by singing loudly and often. It would be cheaper that is for sure.