This is so cute
Tag Archives: grow
I did not know this about the nutritional value of cucumbers.
Cucumbers are one of my most highly recommended vegetables, and if you have a garden, you can easily grow them at home. Aside from being able to control pesticide and fertilizer use, you’ll also avoid the wax applied to many commercially sold cucumbers. There are dozens of varieties that thrive in both cool and warm climates, although they can be a challenge to grow if temperatures are consistently in the mid-90s.
While made up of 90 to 95 percent water, cucumbers still manage to provide a host of valuable nutrients, including vitamins A, B5, C and K, along with manganese, potassium, magnesium, molybdenum, copper, silica and fiber. Cucumbers also contain lignans that bind with estrogen-related bacteria in the digestive tract, contributing to a reduced risk of several cancers, including breast, uterus, ovarian and prostate cancer.
Other phytonutrients called cucurbitacins — part of a larger group known as triterpenes, and the part of the cucumber that gives it a bitter taste — also inhibit cancer cell development. Preliminary findings also suggest cucumbers have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
In traditional medicine, cucumbers are used to treat headaches. The seeds are diuretic, and the juice — thanks to caffeic acid and vitamin C — can be used as an acne treatment and a soothing remedy for tired, puffy eyes.
1. There are three ways to use deoderant other than it is normally used for:-
a. Fingernail polish remover – Use the deodorant spray only. Spray on hand and toe nails and it will remove the nail polish without that awful chemical smell.
b. After a shower and dried off with a towel, spray your moist legs with the deoderant and those skinny jeans will just slip on.
c. Deodorant stick is good for Mossie bites. It will take the itch away.
2. If you slowly pour a handful of salt into a totally full glass of water it will not overflow. In fact, the water level will go down.
3. Babies are born with more bones than adults.
Because as they grow up, some of the bones fuse together to form one bone. This is because babieshave more cartilage than bone. New born babies have around 305 bones. A baby’s skeleton is mostly made up of cartilage
4.On Mercury during the day, the Sun rises, stops, about-turns and eventually sets where it rose.
Even though Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun, temperatures can reach -280 degrees F. Why? Since Mercury has almost no atmosphere, there is nothing to trap heat near the surface. So, the dark side of Mercury (the side facing away from the Sun) is very cold.
As You know I am a Dr Oz fan, also I have 3 friends that are suffering from the attack of Cancer on their bodies, so I found this quite amazing.
I am at this minute watching Dr Oz and writing this article while the ‘Ads’ are on.
1. There has been a study in Australia that has come up with an 82% chance of reduction in Ovarian Cancer. (One of my dear friends has this terrible cancer). This comes about by drinking at least 4 cups of Oolong tea or Green tea a day. They found the tea has chemical compounds that can destroy the cancer cell when come in contact directly.
2. Liver cancer risk can be reduced by 50% by drinking at least 3 cups of coffee a day. I know amazing. Coffee has an anti oxidant and anti inflammatory compounds that will starve cancer cells so they are unable to grow. Drink your coffee black and at least 24 fluid oz a day.
3. A Harvard study found that a certain fruit can reduce the risk of you contracting breast cancer by 40%. Compounds in PEACHES can inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells and their ability to spread.
After 12 days the researchers saw that mice fed with high levels of polyphenols (found in peaches) had tumors that grew less and without much of the blood vessel formation that can help cancer cells spread to other parts of the body. The tumors in those mice also had less evidence of enzymes involved in the spread and invasion of cancer.
You need to have at least 2 servings of peaches per week, Frozen or Fresh.
Prevention is better than cure, so just make sure you take these preventative every day of your life and your chances of contracting cancer or any disease for that matter is significantly reduced.
Grandkids at the Big Pineapple Australia
Now this is one way to grow a pineapple, but as someone who has taken her grandchildren , like 50 times to the ‘Big Pineapple’ in Australia and rode around the plantation in the electric train, they, being the plantation workers, explained a different method. This Aussie method I believe will produce a pineapple quicker than the system below. You could try both. I know it takes about 2 years for a pineapple to produce ripe fruit. So it is not something that will produce any time soon after planting. It would have to be an ornamental plant till it produces.
The way I was told to plant them is cut the top off and leave it several weeks outside till the plant dries out at the base, then plant. Apparently it will produce quicker this way.
Not sure if that is totally correct so you could try the method below.