I say this because it is a fantastic coffee table book of beautiful pictures and good reading. Not only that my Granddaughter is on page 7.
Well its page 7 but she is the “Page Three” girl. Go figure. Anyway good story and great pictures.
The magazines website is www.pacificlongboarder.com
Mika my Granddaughter has challenged me to 22 pushups in 22 days.
The reason for 22 days and 22 pushups is the recognition and awareness of proven statistical evidence that there are at least 22 veterans commit suicide each day in the United States Of America and a growing number in Australia. There has been 274 suicides in Australia since 1999.
For most of us, we can not comprehend the trauma that they experience and how tolerant and supportive we must be for those who fight for our freedoms. It is not only tragic for our vets it is certainly heartbreaking for the families of these young men.
Today I nominate my Son Jon Jodvalkis to take the challenge.
Once you accept, you start tomorrow. The rules are simple:
* Once you are nominated your 22 days starts the following day.
* Every day you record yourself doing 22 push ups, try your best to reach 22. If that means doing assisted push ups (from your knees) or you have to stop and take a break, that is fine but try and get them all done in one video.
* Every day the push-ups must be in a different location.
* Every day you just nominate a different person.
* And finally have fun with this!
This a great way to have fun and let these courageous Men and Woman who put their life on the line that someone is thinking about them.
Crisis line in USA
Crisis line in Australia
This was sent to me today and I was impressed with her singing. Her voice has become so much stronger. Too bad about the video though as it is not such a good picture and those damn dogs don’t do much for the background sound.