As I am in New Zealand at the moment I thought you may like to know things you did not know about New Zealand
1. The longest place name in the world is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, a hill in Hawke’s Bay.
2. No part of the country is more than 128km (79 miles) from the sea.
3. Only 5% of NZ’s population is human the rest are animals.
4. More people die in New Zealand each year playing lawn bowls than scuba diving.
5. New Zealand is similar in size to the UK, but only has a population of about 4 million (compared to 63 million in the UK).
6. Gisborne airport has train tracks running across the middle of the runway. Quite often, trains and planes have to stop until one moves out-of-the-way.
7. NZ has banned all television advertising on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, ANZAC Day, and Christmas Day.