This would be great for drink nibbles
Tag Archives: Garlic
1. When women gossip, their levels of the ‘Love Hormone’ oxytocin go up. This is according to researchers from the University of Pavia in Italy. This makes the gossipers feel closer to each other regardless of their mood or personality type. Another way of getting the Oxytocin shot is by giving your friend a hug. Now that is more positive I am thinking.
2. Garlic repairs glass cracks? yep amazing. If you have a glass with a hairline crack, try cutting a garlic clove in half and gently rubbing it against the cracks. The high concentration of sucrose compounds will act as an adhesive.
3. Most of us thought there was only 7 continents. Apparently not. Geologists are now arguing there is an 8th. ‘Zealandia’ consists of NZ and Caledonia. It could be known as the smallest continent of all. It is not official as yet but will be when enough scientists get on board.
4. A few times each year, thousands of fish meet up to for one giant ‘tuna tornado’ because they do most of their breeding outside their bodies. The tuna gather themselves into a living tornado of reproduction, which acts as a moving wall that encircles a protected space where they can release a large volume of egg and sperm all at once .
5. Some farmers feed their cows Skittles. The reason being candy, chocolate, cereal or molasses is a cheap substitute for corn. The sugar reportedly helps cows with digestion,, increase milk production and fattens up the beef cattle. Mars, inc sells their unused skittles to companies that melt them down and add them to livestock feed which is cheaper to buy than corn as corn at times is to high a price to be economical.
Hey easy and yummy.
- Coffee beans are not beans they are fruit pits – A coffee bean is a seed of the coffee plant, and is the source for coffee. It is the pit inside the red or purple fruit often referred to as a cherry. Just like ordinary cherries, the coffee fruit is also a so-called stone fruit. Even though the coffee beans are seeds, they are referred to as ‘beans’. When green coffee beans are roasted, other molecules with the typical pleasant aroma of coffee are generated, which are not present in fresh green coffee. During roasting, the major part of the unpleasant-tasting volatile compounds are neutralised.
2. Tomatoes added to roasts will help tenderize them naturally. Tomatoes contain an acid that works well to break down meats. Ginger is also a good tenderizer.: You’ll often find ginger listed as an ingredient in marinades, did you know it’s not just for its flavor? Ginger contains a proteolytic enzyme that naturally breaks down protein.
3. Honey and raw garlic great for the body as we all know – But if you Take 2-3 garlic cloves, chop them finely, and add a tablespoon of honey.Taken every day it will boost your energy levels to an extremely high extent!
The following garlic flu tonic will efficiently boost your immunity and prevent and soothe a sore throat and treat flu and cold symptoms. It is very potent and strong natural remedy. This is how to prepare it:
Garlic flu tonic-recipe
5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
Raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
2 red chili peppers, coarsely chopped
Next, you should get a 350-500ml Mason jar, and add the chopped onion in one layer, then the chopped garlic in another, and then the hot peppers, with the seeds. Next, add the ginger, pour the lemon juice into the jar, and the organic apple cider vinegar in the end.
Seal the jar tightly, but note that you should leave 1cm of free space from the rim. Then, keep the jar in the pantry. Consume it regularly to prevent ailments, or until your symptoms completely disappear.
4. The shortest national anthem is the Japanese national anthem which is only 4 lines long. Its lyrics are the oldest among the world’s national anthems, and with a length of 11 measures and 32 characters “Kimigayo” is also one of the world’s shortest.
5. Caraway seeds are believed to have been used in Europe longer than any other condiment. Their use was first recorded in Egypt in the medical papyrus of the Thebes in 1552 B.C.
Superstitions held that caraway had the power to prevent the theft of any object that contained the seed and to keep lovers from losing interest in one another. Caraway is used for digestive problems including heartburn, bloating, gas, loss of appetite, and mild spasms of the stomach and intestines. Caraway oil is also used to help people cough up phlegm, improve control of urination, kill bacteria in the body, and relieve constipation.
Bacon beer can burgers:
Definitely not for Vegans. But looks yummy to me. A few calories but probably means an extra day at the gym or run an extra 5 miles
Burgers wrapped in bacon, stuffed with sauteed green peppers, onions, jalapeños, garlic, and then top with cheddar and pepper jack cheeses.
1. Sandflies are attracted to dark colors? To keep bites at bay this summer wear light colored clothing, avoid sweet smelling body products and use insect repellent – especially around the ankles as they sart their attack at ground level.
2. Massoud Hassani, a product designer from Afghanistan, built (by hand) a wind-powered device that trips land mines as it rolls across the ground. It is made using bamboo and biodegradable products.
Many of these mines are active and near populated areas in countries like Afghanistan and are hard to remove. The UN says that one mine clearance specialist is killed, and two injured, for every 5,000 mines cleared.
Hassani’s cheap and easy to make method has been achieving great results.
3. If you use a tiny dab of hand sanitiser on a tissue or make up remover pad it will clean all your electronic screens – phone, IPad, and computor
4. There are two levels of Organic – 95% organic ingredients are identified by the words ‘Certified Organic’ and 70% organic ingredients is identified by the words ‘Made with organic ingredients’
5. If your mobile phone is practically glued to your hand beware of ‘Text neck’ . Looking down at a screen for long periods can cause postural changes that affect the neck and spine, which can lead to nerve damage, muscle spasms and pain.
6. To get garlic smells off your hands, rub the with a stainless steel spoon under cold running water.