- 2015 study shows that Animal Fat is actually quite healthy for you and an important part of your diet. Pork fat being the 8th in line. It contains Vitamin D, Omega 3, monounsaturated fats (same as Avo’s and Olive oil) saturated fats and choline. For the highest quality go Organic pasture free range hogs. This is good news to me as I love pork fat especially crackle
2. Nerdwax – Was developed and presented to Shark Tank. The wax is rubbed on your nose and prevents your glasses from slipping down the nose. Brilliant I thought as I push my glasses up my nose about 20 times a day
3. Champagne lost its bubble? – Go get a raisen from the cupboard and drop it into the bottle. The carbon dioxide left in the bottle will cling to the groves of the raisin and release back into the liquid and make it bubbly again. I did not know that. Now I do
4. Fruit flies drink alcohol When they are sexually frustrated 🤨. I don’t know where that information came from exactly but I do know Flies do find my red wine very attractive . Why not sure.
5. When your eyes move so do your eardrums. I believe its a mystery but it seems that sight and sound are very closely related. Just a thought, maybe by moving your eyes quickly you can bring on Vertigo as well as watching a movie in the dark on a computer may also give you symptoms of vertigo . I have actually experienced that.
a.Your eyes are capable of processing 36,000 pieces of information per hour:
b.Your eyes will process 24 million images in your lifetime:
c. Your eyes can recognize candle light from up to 14 miles away:
more information on this
Just read this article and am off to the store to get some epsom salts. Reason being have just planted tomatoes and other plants and since it has done nothing but rain I am sure they need some of this magnesium in the form of Epsom salts.
This article if from a website I have never heard of but looks good diyeverywhere.com
Here are the 15 ways to use Epsom Salts in your garden.
- Great for peppers tomatoes, eggplants and potatoes: Apparently it is great for improving the yield plus the flavor. It is recommended adding 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of Epsom salt to your peppers and tomatoes by sprinkling it around the base of the plant. If you want it to dilute quicker add it to 3.8 litres of water and do this every two weeks.
- Rid pests: Epsom salt won’t make snails and slugs wither away like table salt but it will keep them at bay. Use the 1 tablespoon to 3.8 liters but know that it is water-soluble so needs to be done often.
- Makes fruit sweeter: when added to trees, bushes and vines that produce fruit, boosts the chlorophyll inside the plant. Thus more energy and more energy produces more sugar. So sweeter the fruit it is.
- Helps stop transplant shock: Transplant shock is something that happens mostly when you are a bit rough planting the seedlings. Epsom salts is something that will help the plant overcome this. To help prevent this you can sprinkle some epsom salts around the base of the plant once in the ground or you can put a few crystals in the hole where the plant is intended. Cover the salts with a little dirt before you put the plant in the hole.
- Keep the leaves green: If your plants leaves are going a little yellow usually it means it needs magnesium. Feed your plants 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the mineral per 12 inches (30 cm) of height one time a month.
- Kill the weeds: You can kill weeds by mixing a couple of cups of the mineral with a gallon (3.8 liters) of vinegar and some liquid dish detergent. Put it in a spray bottle and spray your weeds but keeping in mind to keep it off your plants or it will kill them too.
- Makes lawn nice and lush: If your lawn is a bit yellow chances are it needs magnesium. To perk up grass, Best Plants suggests adding 3 pounds (1.35 kg) of Epsom salt to every 1,250 square feet (116 square meters) of grass and then watering your lawn.
- Rots tree stumps: It is recommended drilling holes into the stump and filling in the holes with Epsom salt. In weeks, the stump will begin rotting.
- Blooming Roses: Adding Epsom salt to rose bushes encourages them to produce larger flowers with darker, deeper colors. To incorporate Epsom salt to your rose bush’s diet, add it at the time of planting and when flowers are in bloom.
- Removes splinters: Soak the area that has the splinter in it in 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of Epsom salt and water. That should make the splinter pop out of your skin on its own.
- Fights Frizzle Top: Palm trees suffer from what they call “Frizzle Top”. This can be rid of by spraying magnesium to the top and base of the palm tree.
- Cure for curly leaf: If your plant has curly leaf a tablespoon of epsom salts should cure that.
- Potted Plant health: Because potted plants usually lack magnesium more so than those planted in the ground it is recommended to add a tablespoon (30mls) once a month to the surrounding soil.
- Increase nutrient takeup: Epsom salts helps the plants absorb other nutrients more efficiently. By adding plain Epsom salt, you won’t have to bother with so much fertilizer.
- Increase the health of ferns: Epsom salt helps ferns and plants similar to ferns, such as elephant ear, have rich, dark foliage. Add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of Epsom salt to a gallon (3.8 liters) of water and spray ferns and elephant ears to achieve the look.
1. The Hawaiian Alphabet has only 13 letters. It includes five vowels and eight consonants
2. Smart Bandages – Researchers at Tufts University USA have come up with a brilliant innovative tech. Although only in the clinical trial period, if successful it could put an end to infections and amputations in people who have chronic skin wounds.
This bandage which looks like a clear sticking plaster houses both heat and PH detecting sensors together with a dose of thermally activated medicine. Infected wounds and burns generate higher temperatures and Ph levels that healthy skin, so as soon as the sensors notice anything out of the norm they send a drug releasing microbes straight to the area.
It appears there are many Universities looking into this so I guess it is something that we can look forward to in the future.
3. Sex and Fruit – According to Dr Yen Ying Lim, of the Cognitive aging laboratory at the Florey institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health in Victoria, Australia, having sex on a regular basis and heaps of fruit especially berries and cherries help your memory work at its best. Things that break down the protection of our brain are inactivity, being Obese, high cholesterol and blood pressure.
4. Clench your fist – While we are on the subject of Memory researchers of the Montclair State University in the USA have discovered that making a fist seems to help memory and recall.
Clench your right fist when you want to remember something and clench your left fist later to help recollect the memory.
5. An Orange a Day Keeps macular degeneration away – Researchers from Westmead institute discovered that by eating one orange a day the flavonoids they contain helps to prevent macular degeneration. Try changing from an apple a day to the orange a day and you may have happy eyes
Almost 70 percent of non-organic fruit and vegetable samples tested positive for at least one pesticide. (In many cases, the numbers were much higher.) And get this: A single strawberry sample harbored 22 different pesticide and pesticide breakdown residues.
While spinach nutrition is loaded with calcium and vitamins, there’s one reason to always try to choose organic. Researchers found DDT, a neurotoxic insecticide banned in the U.S., in an alarming number of samples. (A whopping 40 percent of nonorganic spinach samples, to be exact.)
It is quite amazing that a lot of the pesticides found on fruit and vegetables in America are banned in other countries. The disturbing bit is that a lot of the pesticide regulations are outdated and do not violate the US laws.
Quote Dr Axe
So where possible and financially viable buy organic or biodynamic (which is the very best). Better still grow your own vegetables and fruit if that is at all possible.
Also where possible purchase the Kangen Water machine💦 – really, it has a great acid vegetable washing cycle that literally washes away the pesticides. You are able to see the change in the water color and allows the fruit and vegetables to last longer.
To find out more about the Kangen Water machine 💦 go to my website http://lesleyvoth.kangendemo.com if you are in Australia, or Davids website http://lifechanging-water.com USA or worldwide
Another thing to consider is that a lot of fruit and vegetables sold in the United States are GMOs, so choose organic to avoid GMO versions of these crops.
What a simple easy, tasty, delicious Pasta. Got to Love it. You know this is a healthy quick meal for those who live on their own. No messing around. Avocado being of course one of my favorite fruits. Actually for a little did you know from the University of California:-
“You might be inclined to call it a vegetable, thanks to its green hue and savory taste, but the avocado is technically a fruit, and even more specifically, a single-seeded berry. A fruit is “the matured ovary of a flower,” according to University of California Agriculture & Natural Resources”.
1. What Brassica vegetables are:
These vegetables rank among the top 10 healthiest and give you the most folate which is a B vitamin which is naturally present in these vegetables and an important vitamin for pregnant woman. However a study of 1391 women released in May 2016 revealed that excessive amounts of folate may increase the risk for autism.
So the old saying “Everything in moderation” is very relevant with this vitamin.
Source Nature and Health
2. In a study of 512,891 adults, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, those who ate fresh fruit daily had a 40 percent lower risk of dying from cardiovascular disease.
3. If you stop eating by 6pm till 8am the next day you will help to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s dramatically plus lose a bit of weight around the waist as well.
That 14 hours of fasting will put the brain in resting mode and reduce the brain from aging.
Another benefit is to be drinking green tea and increase your consumption of eggs which helps to build a healthy brain.
4. Japan’s population consumes up to 5 million kit Kat bars every day.
Not the original chocolate variety, they have a choice of strawberry, cheese Cake, green tea, sweet potato , red bean sandwich and sake and there is more:- 300 flavors in fact.
In my opinion a great way to ruin a Kit Kat bar.
5. Lyndon B Johnson had a car that could go in and out of the water. He would scare his passengers by driving into the lake shouting”The brakes won’t hold we are going to go under”. The Amphicar had a Texas REG. Number TX1919-AZ
1. Heat gelatine in a small saucepan or microwave. Sprinkle gelatine over juice and stir well to dissolve. Pour into a dish and chill until set. Cut into cubes.
2. Chop cake into cubes and place into the base of a cup or bowl. Top with fruit and jelly.
3. Mix yoghurt with honey and spoon over jelly.
2 tsp gelatine, list is powder form
Plain sponge cake or savoiardi biscuits
1 cup chopped fruit
1 cup fruit juice (apple, orange etc)