Everything goes Beep
Author – Lesley Voth
It drives me crazy at the sound of the beeps
It is so invasive it gives me the creeps
It controls our lives no matter where we are
We get the beep when we reverse the car
The washing machine it beeps when its finished
Keeps going until your peace is diminished
The fridge now when that beeps it is my pet hate
we should have the option to deactivate
The Microwave does the same, beeps till you come
We go running to the beat of that drum
We seem to need the alarm beeping in our ear
Gets louder and louder like we don’t hear
Even when we want to cross the road
It beeps to tell us and flashes a crossing code
Open the car door and left keys in the ignition
For goodness sake just another annoying addition.
For most I am sure your life if just fine with that noise
But for me the peace it destroys
What is it that someone out there decided for us
To control our movements in the name of safety is not a plus
Our parents survived without following like sheep
Did not bounce up to everything that goes beep
1. Use cupcake cases to cover drinks glasses in the summer and prevent flies from dropping in. I need to do this with my wine glass because you can be sure, if you are outside and you need to go do something when you come back there is a fly in your red wine. They love it.
2. Use bulldog clips to keep stacked bottles in place in the fridge
3. Another way to clean a chopping board is to cover liberally with
Kosher salt and leave overnight. Scrape off with a cloth in the
morning to find the salt has absorbed all moisture to leave your board clean and dry.
4. This has to be the simplest way to open those annoying blister packs!
5. Use a cut potato to easily remove a broken light bulb
6. Use chalk to remove grease stains from clothes. Simply rub white
chalk on the affected area and wash as normal – the chalk will absorb
the grease and be washed away in the cycle.
Use up all the food in the fridge before you go off to the store to buy more food.
You will be surprised what you can make up for dinner out of what is called’ leftovers’ in the fridge.
This will save you hundreds of dollars a year.
Source: Simply Fantastic – Living Better On Less