I am sure you were not aware of most of them. I know I was not.
Tag Archives: FOOD
I know this does not sound too exciting but I did buy one of these tumblers for my family for Christmas. If you have a vegetable or flower garden, then composting is one way to make sure they flourish. The amount of food scraps that we accumulate every day is enormous so one way to use them up is to compost them. I mean how many of us buy potting mix every year when we can very well make our own easily. There are also composers that you can have in your kitchen which is especially good if you live in a unit and have pot plants on your deck. Check it out on Amazon.
Anyway if you are interested here is a video to fill you in on the how’s
I read this article in the Australian Courier Mail newspaper online this morning (10/25/2018) . Everyone should read this as it is quite enlightening and maybe the answer to some the diseases like cancer that affects all of us whether be a relative, friend or acquaintances. Also it could make you think about the choices we make about what we consume, wear, walk and sleep on.
I have copied this article word for word from the newspaper, as I don’t want to be misquoted or called an alarmist in any way as serious research has been done on this matter.
Proof of Plastic Particles in our body
Human bodies are becoming polluted with plastic. Scientists have confirmed for the first time. Tiny pieces were found in samples from every participant in an experiment that tried to estimate how much plastic we eat and drink every day.
Until now most research has focused on the natural world, but the new study shows that humans are also consuming plastic, with some pieces potentially lodging in our bodies.
Researchers suggested sources could include the eating of fish or drinking of water from plastic bottles.
Campaigners said the scale of the plastic crisis meant it was “impossible” for people to avoid eating, drinking and breathing in plastic – with potentially harmful effects. These include the risk of bacterial infections, introducing harmful chemicals to the body. Irritating the gut lining and affecting immune responses.
Lead researcher Dr Philipp Schwabl said – This is the first study of its kind and confirms what we have long suspected that plastics ultimately reach the human gut. Of particular concern is what this means to us, and especially patients with gastrointestinal diseases. The smallest micro plastic particles are capable of entering the bloodstream and lymphatic system and may even reach the liver.
“Now we have first evidence for micro plastics inside humans, we need further research to understand what this means for human health.”
Hundreds of pieces of micro plastics were found in every stool sample taken from people who took part in the study by the medical University of Vienna.
Researchers from the university and the Environment Agency Austria monitored participants from the UK, Finland, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, Poland, Russia and Austria. The results showed every sample tested positive for the presence of micro plastics – with up to nine different types identified. The most common plastics were polypropylene and polyethylene-terephthalate (PET) both are often found in food and drink packaging.
Each participant in the study kept a food diary for a week before his or her samples were analyzed in the laboratory. The diaries showed all the participants had eaten food wrapped in plastic or drunk from plastic bottles. None of the participants were vegetarian and six of them ate sea fish.
The micro plastics found were between 50 and 500 micrometers in size. A human hair has a thickness of between 17 and 181 micrometers.
The researchers behind the new study note: It is highly likely that during various steps of food processing or as a result of packaging, food is being contaminated with plastics.
Synthetic fabrics are also a significant source of micro plastics in the environment as fibers from clothes end up in the ocean from treated and untreated sewage being released into the rivers
- Research reported in the Journal called the Lancet say’s that 45 minutes three to five times a week can improve your mental health. On the other hand more than 90 min a day can actually worsen your metal health – lesson here, is do not overdo it.
2. There are 196 countries in the world today:- 195 if you don’t include Taiwan as many countries do not officially recognize it
3. The perfect length of time to be on vacation is 8 days. Your health and wellness levels rise rapidly while on holiday but peak on the 8th day. The suggestion is to take more vacations instead of longer ones
4. Sleeping with your bedroom door closed could help you survive a house fire. Open door can reach 1,000+ degrees Fahrenheit. Having your door closed can keep the temperature in your room below 100, limit the carbon monoxide exposure and reduce smoke inhalation
5. One if five people suffer from misophonia – This is a condition where certain sounds trigger bouts of anger or stress. 36% say their symptoms worsened after they had caffeine. Some of the other triggers are Gum popping, food chewing or crunching, sniffing, breathing, not sure about that one ( We all have to breathe) , pen clicking, clock ticking, whistling, lip smacking, finger or foot tapping
1. In Japan – Beer cans have braille on them so blind people don’t accidentally get drunk.
In braille it says: “alcohol.” Asahi beer for reference…
3. In 2014, UK scientists created the fastest ever Internet connection – Clocking speeds of 1.4 terabits per second – enough to download 44 HD movies per second.
4. That flavor is a marker for the uncontaminated nutritional value of your food – Chemical Technology has developed a smoke screen for bad quality food by masking the flavor with a inferior quality ingredients to make the food taste great with no nutritional value. The great taste and aroma can fool consumers to think they are eating food of wholesome quality. Hence we have continued history of increased bad health and obesity .
My saying which is probably not the best example being sausages. If you are having a meal of just sausage you will probably only eat one. Put tomato sauce on them you will probably eat a whole lot more. Reason being the salt and sugar and additives in the tomato sauce will stimulate your taste buds. Just sayin.
5. Mushrooms are more closely related to humans than they are to plants – The major difference between a plant (vegetable) and mushroom is how they acquire their food. In the case of plants, they possess chlorophyll and make their food via photosynthesis. Fungi, on the other hand, exist on decaying material in nature. Also the obvious structural differences, such as lack of leaves, roots, and seeds.So fungi now have their own kingdom on the basis of cellular organization.
Source Go to the source to find out more