- A captive killer whale at MarineLand discovered it could regurgitate fish onto the surface of the water, attracting seagulls and then eat the birds. Four others then learned to copy the behavior.
2. Fiji Water once ran an ad that stated: “The label says Fiji because it’s not bottled in Cleveland.” The Cleveland water department took offense, so they challenged the statement, commissioned a test, and proved that Fiji water had more impurities in it.
3. Sound changes when it snows. It seems quieter right after a snowfall because a blanket of fresh powder is absorbing the sound waves- but once the snow melts and refreezes, it then creates a reflective surface that amplifies sound by allowing it to travel farther than normal.
4. The official border between Belgium and the Netherlands runs through living rooms, yards and cafés, so it’s possible – indeed, it happens more often than you’d think – to sit across a table having a cup of coffee with someone who is actually in a different country.
For a while, a Dutch law requiring dining establishments to close earlier than they did in Belgium. At closing time in the Netherlands, patrons would have to get up and move tables, over to the Belgian side.
5. Facts about ‘Thanks Giving’
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird, not the eagle.
- Americans eat 46 million turkeys each Thanksgiving.
- Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin’s first meal in space after walking on the moon was foil packets with roasted turkey.
Thirteen people on average per year die from vending machines falling on them. Source
Humans are the only primates that don’t have pigmentation in their palms. Source
The average woman consumes 6 pounds of lipstick in her lifetime. Source
At -40 degrees Centigrade/Fahrenheit, a person loses about 14.4 calories per hour by breathing. Source
A substance from fish bladder is used to make wine and beer. It is a form of collagen used mainly for the clarification or fining of some beer and wine – Source
The 5 weight loss benefits are :-
a. Healthy organs – Losing 5% of body weight can improve your liver function. Source Washington Universityy
b. Happy Back – puts less strain on your back and body. Physiotherapist Kusal Goonewardena
c. Fewer Headaches – 27% reduction to migraines – Johns Hopkins University USA
d. Improved posture:- When you are over weight it is harder for your body to be in alignment. Goonewardena
E. Brain Boost:- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and metabolism study shows weight loss in obese women let to improved brain function.
2. Swearing for Strength – Now this one I can relate to. Apparently Psychologists from Keele University in the UK had 52 adults repeat a swear word and then a neutral word as they performed a hand grip test. When they cursed their strength was boosted by the equivalent of 2.1 kg on average
3. Those of Okinawa in Japan say “Eat till you are 80% Full – They call this “Hara hachi bu” These guys are famous for having the worlds longest life expectancy and low rates of heart disease and cancer. The secret of calorie control is to practice conscious eating by chewing slowly and mind fully until you are 80% sated. They also choose their food thoughtfully like vegetables whole grain, fruit legumes (soy) and fish and small amounts of fish.
4. In 2015, China introduced us to cash machines that identify people’s faces. Today they serve as a good method for fighting against fraudsters before we do away with plastic bank cards. There are also cash machines that recognize people’s voices as well as their faces.
5. During the second half of the twentieth century, the CIA financed the Tibetan independence movement as well as the Dali Lama personally. This program was carried out as part of a campaign to destabilize communist countries in the context of the Cold War. The Tibetan spiritual leader knew where his finances were coming from but always denied his connections to the CIA’s political campaign.
Go to and get your Free Ebook on the benefits of Kangen Water :- http://www.lifechanging-water.com
1. Women should drink beer. Hops has aphrodisiac-like qualities for women, as because of the phytoestrogen it contains, which mimic natural estrogen. Low sex drive in women is often caused by low levels of estrogen.
Consuming beer, especially hop-rich varieties like IPA, could actually help restore hormonal balance and help with libido and also alleviate menopausal symptoms of fatigue, irritability and hot flashes. Of course, hops can be taken directly as a herb as an infusion, but isn’t it more fun to drink a beer instead?
2. The Word Punt – I Bottom of a wine bottle
3. Octothorpe – is the name for pound or hashtag
4. That this map reflects what people may think of your State. According to the most popular auto complete results when you search “why is (State) so” in Google.
5. TSA will let you through the airport security with more than 3.4 oz of liquid as long as there is a live fish in it. Large amounts of liquids are banned because they could conceal explosives. I guess if you have a fish in it the chances are there is nothing lethal in the water.
“Fish can serve as a power food … or an absolute inflammatory, toxic nightmare for your body. It all depends on what fish you choose. That why it’s so important to pay attention to (and avoid) the fish you should never eat.
It’s vitally important to get ample omega-3 fatty acids, and certain fish may serve as potent sources. But due to things like fossil fuel emissions, heavy metals like mercury are winding up in the water and building up in our fish. Unfortunately, low-level mercury poisoning from contaminated seafood is a real threat and can lead to devastating effects, especially in the developing fetus. (We’re now learning mercury impacts adults’ hearts in very concerning ways, too, including heart attacks and hypertension.)
There are other reasons to avoid certain species on the fish you should never eat list, too. Some fish have been so overfished that they are on the brink of collapse. And losing them could impact the ocean ecosystem in a way that could lead to a cascading effect, impacting so many other species we rely on for nutrition, too. Luckily, there are healthy, low contaminant choices with stable populations that serve as much smarter choices.
Let’s take a look at fish you should never eat, plus healthier options. (Of course, the healthy omega-3s found in fish actually come from the fish eating phytoplankton, so you could always bypass fish and go straight to the source for your omega 3s.)”
Report from Dr Axe