I received this via email the other day so decided to research it. Seemed a little too good to be true.
Result: Fiction according to Dashofwellness.com
Almonds as a headache relief are still up for debate. While it is proven that magnesium and vitamin B2 is beneficial for preventing migraines, almonds may not be as effective by themselves. In fact, for some people, almonds can actually trigger a migraine. It is important to talk to your doctor as well as to monitor how you feel after you eat almonds, as some people may be allergic to the salicin in almonds. For those who want to give almonds a try for their headaches, it is recommended to eat 10-12 almonds a day in order to help prevent headaches and migraines.
3. According to CheapAirfares.com the best time to book a domestic flight is typically 47 days before takeoff. they analyzed 5 million trips involving 1.5 Billion potential fares. The cheapest day is Tuesday (Book about 3pm ET).To Latin America cheapest time is 96 days before takeoff and for Europe it is 276 days . Also to be noted a fare will typically change 70 times before the flight.
4. A brand new study from San Diego State University sheds new light on this amazing process. The secret lies in one of your most underappreciated body fluids: mucus.
This slimy substance coating the inside of your mouth, nose, eyelids, digestive tract, lungs and other organs may turn out to play one of the most important roles in your immune system. You produce about a quart of mucus each day from your nose, throat and sinus, most of which you swallow.
For some time, researchers have known that mucus is loaded with viruses. many of these viruses to actually serve as immune helpers—not enemies—and an important part of your body’s defense system
1. A Hotel Secret on putting pillow cases on pillows – The housekeepers throw a solid karate chop right down the middle of the pillow and then shove it in, folded like a bun. This method is preferred to the civilian method of tucking it under your chin and pulling up the pillowcase like a pair of pants because these ladies have no interest in letting 50 pillows a day come into contact with their faces.
4. fire usually moves faster uphill than downhill – This is because heat rises; if a fire is going uphill the flame from the top of one tree would burn the bottom of the tree above it, causing that tree to burn and continue to the next tree. They also move faster uphill because fires need oxygen, fuel, and heat to burn. If you hold a match and its is burning the correct way it will burn slowly down to your fingers. If you turn that match upside down it burns faster and will burn your fingers.
5. The movie Pulp Fiction cost $8 million to make with $5 million going towards actor’s salaries.
More Trivia – The shot of Vincent plunging the syringe into Mia’s chest was filmed by having John Travolta pull the needle out, then running the film backwards.
6. Tree hugging is forbidden in china – After the mass tree hugging outside of Zhongnanhai a few years ago, the Party concluded that the tree huggers were a dangerous cult and a threat to national unity. Known tree huggers were rounded up and forced to sign pledges that they would never again hug a tree. Those who resisted were sent to reeducation through labor camps and the most recalcitrant disappeared into the Chinese prison system.