LoL. I think there is always one child in the family that feels about vegetables like these kids. My hate was silver beet which is a horror veggie that anyone born in NZ will know.
Tag Archives: family
Who Knew, Who Knew
Who knew that the last time together, was the last.
Almost Two years ago, Jon’s Wedding, time has gone fast
It was so good to see you, as meeting over the years were few and far between
Usually at family gathers where most of us would convene
So glad we don’t see the signs and cannot see ahead
Although your future, from the doctor was read
The news was unbelievable, heart wrenching for us all to say the least
For your life to end by such a mean and most times uncontrollable beast
I wont linger on the pain we still all feel
I am sure we all thought, no sweat he will heal
It was not to be, so I just picture you Kite surfing at sea
I picture the love you always had for the water, and seemingly carefree
You seem to make many friends wherever you went
Few beers, laugh and a joke, in my mind, time well spent
Well there are a few Mackie’s now, up there where you are going
As the years go by, the numbers will keep growing
But that is ok, till we meet again, if you are still making your home brew
Save a glass for me, so we can indulge in a few
God bless you Ross, rest in peace, for He Knew, He Knew
Family trips in the car should be exciting and memorable. Don’t forget to stop every now and then to stretch the legs or maybe see some of the sights along the way. I know when Dad gets behind the wheel he just wants to get going and get there as fast as he can. Ok Dad or Mom it’s not about you all the time and if you want happy kids consider some of their comforts as well. Nothing worse than grumpy moaning kids trust me. Anyway here are some suggestions for entertainment along the way in between stops.
- When it comes to food and drink, if you’re heading from home then packing a picnic lunch and finding a park to spread the blanket is a great way to allow the children let off some steam. Make up some favorites to eat and try to keep away from Junk food that could make them a little Hypo.
- If the kids are older than they’ll want to help manage a playlist of songs. Give everyone in the car an option to choose – no child wants to listen to their parent’s soundtrack no matter how cool the parents think they are (note to self: Billy Idol’s “Rebel Yell” has not aged well).
- For younger children the audiobook is a blessing. Currently in the Top 10 audio books on Booktopia there are plenty of choices for the young ‘uns such as The 91 Story Treehouse to The World’s Worst Children 2; as well as evergreens such as Enid Blyton’s The Faraway Tree (read by Kate Winslet) and The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Games such “The Animal Name Game” (where one person names an animal. Then each person in order has to name another animal that starts with the last letter of the previous animal named. “Lynx” has in the past, brought the game to a quick conclusion); “The Alphabet Game” (where one person chooses the right-hand side of the road, and someone else the left and each player looks for letters of the alphabet that appear on their side. The first to point out all the letters of the alphabet in order wins); and the old chestnut that is “I Spy” will always help wile away the hours.
- There is technology. Whip out this option when the going gets rough. Some of the best game apps include Drawing Pad (age 2-4); Lightbot Jr (age 5-8) and Dragon Box Elements (age 9-12). But they’ll no doubt have their favorites. Now this one for me Is not a good option as I believe the kids should be more aware of where they are going and the surroundings plus scenery.
As comedian Eddie Cantor once said, “Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast – you also miss the sense of where you are going and why”.
Change your water, change your life!
Your Amazing Immune System
Do you take any of these drugs on a regular basis?
Ask yourself why would you take these artificial chemicals into your body? Is it because you lack a strong immune system or because you’ve been told you have to take drugs to stay healthy?
Your body actually has an amazing ability to protect itself from harm through the natural immune system. When your body is healthy, your immune system can defend itself against millions of bacteria, viruses, parasites, and toxins. When you are run down, you may believe that pills are the only answer. This is a socially accepted norm that many people resort to. But it’s not always the best option.
What’s Inside That Medication?
Take some time today to read through the ingredients in your medicine cabinet. You’ll most likely find a long list of complicated words that are difficult to pronounce. Although they may sound very scientific, you will be left with no better understanding of what is actually in the pills you are taking.
The truth is that many medications can actually cause adverse side effects in the human body. Listen to television and radio commercials and you will most likely start hearing advertisements for lawsuits about previously acceptable medications that have caused serious problems.
Your Body’s Natural Defense – Hydration
Staying hydrated and boosting your immune system naturally is a safe method to staying healthier. Water has no known side effects. Access to clean; pure water is convenient when you have an Enagic® water ionizer. Following general good-health guidelines is the single best step you can take toward keeping your immune system strong and healthy.
Click below or on the picture to get your free Ebook. I was unable to download it to put it directly on the blog so when you click on it it will go to the website so you need to scroll down the page till you come to the application where you can put in your email address. It has some interesting information that I myself find informative and I am sure you will also.
A funeral procession pulled into a cemetery. Several carloads of family members followed a black truck towing a boat with a coffin in it.
A passer-by remarked, “That guy must have been a very avid fisherman.”
“Oh, he still is,” remarked one of the mourners. …….
Matter of fact, he’s headed off to the lake as soon as we bury his wife
This is such an interesting video one the whole family should watch. What I did not know was there had been no wolves at Yellowstone for 70 years. Fascinating. As long as Yellowstone does not blow up any time soon? This is good news. Never siezes to amaze one how interconnected our ecology really is!