Have not done a poem in a while
Sun on my back, that warm feeling in the winter makes me smile
I love the mornings, fresh and early to rise
Got up had my cold shower, cleaned my teeth and exercise
Took the dog for a walk down to the lake
The air so still with mist on top, natural beauty not fake
So here I am with toast marmalade and tea
A Simple pleasure, Body, Soul and me
Great Start to the day, really don’t want to move, just enjoying this lot
Well why should I, there is still another cup of tea in the pot
I have had a Himalayan salt lamp for years and also got one each for my GrandKids. I bought it for the reasons below and if nothing else the ambiance for a bedroom is quite peaceful. I found it interesting the benefits of these lamps so thought would pass it on.
You do need to be aware that there are many fake salt lamps on the market. I have seen them at dollar stores and farmers markets that are quite cheap so I suspect they are not the real deal.
“Extreme situations always sound crazy – until you’re in one”
This is one situation none of us ever want to be in. You think it wont happen to you but you can be blindsided by the unexpected at any place and time.
a. According to Steve Kardian director of the NY Defend University and former police detective “If it’s a robbery, give up the goods immediately.”
Do not challenge them. Treat it like a business deal.
Unless you think you are about to be shot do not go for the gun. Fake an illness like you are about to throw up or have a heart attack. Then get out of there as fast as you can
b. If you hear shots. ‘Believe it’ those shots are probably from a gun not a vehicle back firing. If you have only heart the noise but have not seen the shooter you still have time to run in the opposite direction.
If you have seen the shooter or worse he or she has seen you put something large between you and the shooter. A Car, a Wall, a Tree (large one) anything that will stop a bullet.
If you feel you must run ‘Zig Zag’ it will make it difficult to put you in the line of fire even for an expert.
c. Be Proactive – Plan ahead. If you have to pass through a dark area that gives you the creeps or walk to your car in a dark dingy car park, through a park that is not well-lit.
Make a plan, visualize where you can escape to. Work out an escape route just in case.
Your gut instinct plays a bit part so take notice of it and run like hell if you even suspect someone is following you.
1. This is gross but a fact of life
Demodex folliculorum and Demodex brevisare are parasitic mites that particularly favor the hair follicles of eyebrows and eyelashes and measure a mere fraction of a millimeter long. They crawl about your face in the dark to mate and then crawl into the pores to lay their eggs and die. Healthy adults have around one or two mites per square centimetre of facial skin, though people with the condition rosacea can have 10 times more. Demodex does not have an anus and therefore cannot get rid of its faeces. Instead, their abdomen gets bigger and bigger, and when the mite dies it decomposes and releases its faeces all at once into the pore.
More info: http://bit.ly/O9wCVM
2. Hong Kong is the only city you can pronounce without moving your Tongue.
3. 90% of people will fake laugh when they don’t understand what someone said to them.
4. There are 210 more billionaires than there was three years ago.
5. Bob Marley was the father of 3 children born to 3 different women within 4 weeks.
6. It’s physically impossible for pigs to look up to the sky.
Fake check Scams are becoming more common. Fake checks account for a third of complaints to the National Consumers League and other agencies according to Sid Kirchleimer the author of Scam-Proof Your Life.
You could receive a check for a competition or lottery you never entered. This is how it works.
You are asked to deposit the check and then forward an amount nominated in the letter to an address, usually by wire transfer before you are able to collect your winnings.
Right away you need to be suspicious. By the time the bank has informed you that the check is fake, you have already sent the money and they have flown the coup and no where to be found. You are responsible for the money withdrawn from that deposit and you may even have to face criminal charges or have your bank account frozen.
Here are some clue’s to a’ Fake’ check.
1. If your check has smooth edges be suspicious – Most checks have a rough or perforated edge.
2. No Bank Logo – Often a fake check has no bank logo or it is faded which is a clue that it has been copied from a photo. The bank logo may be misspelt in a way that it is not noticeable.
3. Observe the address on the check – It will probably be a false address or zip code. Ring the bank and check the address.
4. Look at the check number – Make sure that the number on the upper right hand corner matches the number at the bottom of the check.
5. The amount – It will probably be less than $5000 as federal rules require that deposits of that size be made available to you within five days. You of course will assume that the check has been cleared. Deposits of $5000 or more are subject to longer holding periods.
6. Check the paper – if the texture of the paper does not feel right, ask your bank to confirm the authenticity.
7. Signature – check the signature. If it does not look like a genuine signature and has the appearance that it may be digitally done have someone look at it at the bank.
8. MICR line – This is a line of numbers at the bottom of the check. The genuine magnetic ink looks and feels dull to touch. Fake MICR numbers are often shiny.
9. Routing number – These are the first nine digits of the MICR line that make up the routing number. This number identifies which bank issued the check. Its a fake if there is no numbers in this area. To verify routing numbers go to fededirectory.frb.org/reserve.cfm
Source: Sid Kirchheimer