Tag Archives: eyes
When You Are in a Panic – Diaphragmatic (deep breathing) technique delivers more oxygen to the body, soothing the nervous system. The diaphragms rhythmic movement also massages your organs.
a. Lie on your front with your head to one side. Rest your arms either side of your head, placing your hands on the floor close to your crown.
b. Take a few moments to settle and get comfortable. Relax and soften your facial muscles, let your eyes close and become aware of your breath. Let your whole body melt into the floor as you exhale.
c. As you inhale fully notice how your belly softly presses int the ground then as you exhale, how it gently retracts again.
d. As you breathe slowly and naturally, move your attention to your ribcage and notice how the side ribs move, widening as you inhale and drawing back as you exhale. Just notice this movement and allow it to be easy without changing it.
e. Widen your attention to focus on your lower back. Feel how it expands and opens as you breathe in and softens and releases down as you breathe out.
f. Turn your head to the other side to even out the stretch and breathe with the same deep awareness for a few more minutes.
g. Come onto all fours, softly spreading your hands open and feeling your back wide and long. Keep your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your hips. Gently bring your feet together and as you breathe out draw your hips back to your heels, then ease your butt back until it touches your feet to create a gentle stretch through your spine. (Child pose in yoga).
h. Release your ribs down onto your thighs and lower your chest and shoulders to bring your arms and forehead to relax on the floor. Rest here completely surrendering your body to gravity.
After that you should be feeling a lot calmer
1. That you need to brush you teeth before bedtime as research from the Harvard University that twice daily brushing reduces your risk of bowel cancer. The University have found that there is a link between oral bacteria and inflammation in the body.
2. Belladonna – Italian for ‘beautiful lady’ was used in a sleeping potion in Chaucer’s time. but today it is used in homeopathic medicine to alleviate infant teething, mastitis and menstrual pain and is especially used for acute illness with a violent onset such as flu with high fever.
3.The anthocyanin in bilberry protect the eyes against oxidative damage and have a relating effect on blood glucose.
4. Doctors at the University of Colorado School of medicine found newborn infants who were given 100mg of Phosphatidyl Choline had fewer negative brain changes that could signal developmental delays. . Phosphatidyl choline is built around the B vitamin choline and is essential to brain health. Choline is involved in methylation which regulates gene actions
5. 30 years after the death of artist Salvador Daii’s his body was exhumed to settle s paternity suit. When they opened the casket they found his iconic mustache was intact and also the ends were still pointing in the classic 10 past 10 position.
- This information about Slavery, Republicans and Democrats
2. No two dog noses are the same. A dog’s nose is the equivalent of a human fingerprint, with each having a unique pattern of ridges and creases.
3. The Eiffel tower actually grows in the heat of the summer. Due to the iron expanding, the tower grows about 6 inches every summer.
4. These 8 Books will help make you smarter according to a list from one of today’s most famous scientists/cosmic enthusiasts/ existential philosophers. Neil deGrasse Tyson
1. “The Prince” by Machiavelli
2. “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu
3. “The Wealth of Nations” by Adam Smith
4. “The Age of Reason” by Thomas Paine
5. “Gulliver’s Travels” by Johnathan Swift
6. “On the Origin of Species” by Charles Darwin
7. “A Treatise of the System of the World” by Sir Isaac Newton
8. The Bible
5. The bright dots you can see in your eyes are your own white blood cells. Go outside and stare at the bright sky for a while and, they’ll appear before your eyes! The tiny dots you see are actually white blood cells moving across your retina. There aren’t any blood vessels in the center of your field of vision, which is why you can’t ever look right at them. This is called the blue field entoptic phenomenon.
6. Jerry Jones, Owner of the Dallas Cowboys called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them, “You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country’s National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Dallas Cowboy, a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys or have any association with the Dallas Cowboy Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!”
‘I say good for him for standing his ground, all other owners should take note and show the same strength of pride in the American flag in my opinion’.
I have been getting articles from this great website called Draxe.com . You can actually sign up for free and get his articles, its worth it as he has some great information.
The article I am presenting you today is especially interesting to us girls although these days I am sure the boys would be interested as well.
Its all about fish collagen. Heard of it? I have heard of just plain collagen powder but not this. ‘Fish collagen is absorbed up to 1.5 times more efficiently into the body and has superior bioavailability over bovine or porcine collagens’.
Fish collagen can be absorbed at a higher level through the intestinal barrier into the bloodstream and carried throughout the body. This leads to collagen synthesis in the joint tissues, bones, skin dermis and many other essential body systems. Sounds like good stuff to me.
The health benefits of this collagen is
1. Anti aging
2. Helps regenerate and heal bones
3. Heals wounds
4. Increases your protein intake
5. Has antibacterial qualities
This collagen was first found about 1985 by a pharmacist extracting it from the skin of fish. Sometimes it can be called marine collagen but marine collagen could be extracted from shellfish and jellyfish which is not recommended so keep that in mind.
This protien comes from the scales, skin, bones and fins of fresh or saltwater fish and parts we do not normally eat like the eyes and the rest of the head. You can also get this protein through making a fish stock by boiling the whole of the fish (gutted). Fish collagen is high in essential and non-essential amino acids.
Anyway it all sounds good. I think I may make a face mask out of it see if it plumps up the wrinkles.
Will let you know.
Apparently it does not smell like fish so you don’t have to worry about the fishy smell on your face or food. Hydrolyzed fish collagen is the best as it is broken into small molecules and easily absorbed.
For me I think its worth giving a try.
If you want to read more about this go to Dr Axes website, sign up and get his news letters.
I am sure this video will have you bring out the tissues as although its not a sad video it will bring a tear to your eyes.
I may have posted this before as it is about 2 years old but it is nice to watch again I think.