I am puffed just watching it.
Tag Archives: exercise
I am puffed just watching it.
In the last 10 years, my cholesterol has been on the high side, but my triglycerides were normal so I never really worried about it. I read a lot of articles on the cholesterol count, and it seems that research has made the assumption that Statins were not the answer. As long as your triglycerides were okay then the chances are you were going to be okay from your arteries clogging up. Because I exercise 5-6 days a week and believe I eat rather healthy, have the odd 2 or three glasses of wine of red wine per day and the odd cigar or two, and ride a motorbike the chances are I would live to a ripe old age.
Anyhow to cut a long story short for the last 6 months I have been drinking <a href=”http://www.lifechanging-water.com”>Kangen water</a>. I have religiously drunk at least 8 large (16 ounce/500 ml) glasses of the water per day. Basically, it is the only lifestyle habit I changed.
Yesterday I had to go to the doctor to get the results of my blood test that I got a week before. To my surprise and my doctor’s too, my cholesterol levels had come right down. My triglycerides were.09, normal is 2 (Australian numbers not the USA). My kidney function had shown deterioration for the last 4 years and the result yesterday was a normal reading. I was elated as I expected him to give me the normal, not so good result and tell me I had to go on a statin and go see a specialist about my kidneys.
So you can take my word for it, I am living proof that this <a href=”http://www.lifechanging-water.com”>Kangen Water</a> stuff is gold.
Now I must say: This is my personal experience. I cannot guarantee that you will experience the same result.
I am not the only one that has had a good result from this water. A friend of ours who suffers from acid reflux swears by it. Another who has a bladder problem also is a great believer.
Look, I guess it looks like I am just plugging the machine and I am, because I believe it is worth every penny or cent (depending on what country you live in) to anyone with bad health or those who are athletic because of its hydration qualities or someone who wants to improve their well-being because of its ionizing, alkaline qualities, which in turn will help with their energy levels.
If you are someone who has some health issues or any other personal reason and you think this machine might be what you need then when you take the time to watch this video.
It has two parts: a 10-minute demonstration of what the Kangen Water product does, and there is also an 8-minute explanation of a great compensation plan if you are interested in making an income from it. It is possible to make several thousand per week in a short space in time.
This POWERFUL, yet SIMPLE compensation plan is unmatched in the home-based business arena. You can earn thousands of dollars by simply helping others get healthy.
Anyway, that is my story about my success with this machine in making my body as healthy and happy as can be. It could be good for you as well.
This was actually sent to me by my husband as he has an aversion to exercise. It was so him and made me laugh.
- Judean Date Palm was miraculously brought back to life following the chance discovery of seeds in the 2,000-year-old ruins of Masada, the male date palm tree named Methuselah, the only one of his kind, has become a father.
For thousands of years, the date palm was a staple crop in the Kingdom of Judea, as it was a source of food, shelter and shade. Thick forests of the palms towering up to 80 feet and spreading for 7 miles covered the Jordan River valley from the Sea of Galilee in the north to the shores of the Dead Sea in the south.
So valued was the tree that it became a recognized as a symbol of good fortune in Judea. It is chronicled in the Bible, Quran and ancient literature for its diverse powers, from an aphrodisiac to a contraceptive, and as a cure for a wide range of diseases including cancer, malaria and toothache.
2. Raynaud’s disease is a condition that turns your fingers white or blue when you are cold. Your body overreact to cold temperatures and restricts blood flow to the extremities. Apparently smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas
3. According to studies too much exercise is not healthy. Your body’s Homeostasis (regulators that keep the composition of the extracellular fluids constant) collapses when you over do exercise. Moderation is important. Stress on the body produces large amounts of free radicals that causes stress like sore or strained muscles. So overdoing exercise has no health benefits. Source: The Enzyme Factor. (Excellent book – worth getting)
4. Water the giver of life – Our bodies are composed of nearly 90 percent waters using pure water for drinking and bathing is essential to our health. More than 700 pollutants most of them carcinogens often found in drinking water from municipal sources and rural wells. The exposure to our skin is significant and goes unrecognized as a health threat . Filtered water is the safest way to go. It can be a little pricy but it is the only way to give your family the highest quality water.
Additional source: http://lifechanging-water.com
5. I know it’s almost winter here in the States but it will be summer sometime somewhere and there will be bugs and mosquitos. Now as you know repellents contain dangerous chemicals. It has been shown that prescription drugs in you system can combine with other compounds such as what you put on your skin and can cause brain cell death and other neurotic reactions including seizures. A natural substance which I use daily in my oil burner (it is also called Indian oil of verbena) is a great choice to keep the bugs away. You will find it at your health food store.
Source: Secrets of Longevity: Hundreds of ways to live to be 100 (another excellent book I have had it for years. Not sure if I will live till 100 but will give it a try)
If you don’t do different nothing will change
Just click here » http://trimbodytips.com and get the report
I know I have written on this subject many times but have not come up with 30 ideas to get a good nights sleep. Even if just one of them works then I have done my job.
I will tell you which ones I have used that do or do not work. As we have been told lack of sleep can contribute to obesity, diabetes, and a chronic bad attitude, and losing a job because of it.
These ideas come from a website call the ‘Greatest‘ it has some really good articles.
27 Ways to Get A Good Nights sleep.
- Have a bedtime routine – This one does work if you stick to it. Try to get to bed at around the same time every night when you can.
- Journal – Write out stressful thoughts that are not allowing you to have a restful sleep before you go to bed. Then when in bed spend 5 minutes writing 5 things that have made you feel good that day. Now this works. It allows you to put your mind in better place before the head hits the pillow
- Tapping – Otherwise known as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). Now this is my idea. I do it often when I am particularly bothered with something. This only takes a few minutes.
This is a diagram of the points to tap and if you click on the picture you can go to the website that will tell you more about it. This is worth it.
4. Chew some magnesium – I take a magnesium tablet but pumpkin seeds are good. Consume either 30 minutes before you go to bed.
5. Chamomile tea – Try it if you like it. I don’t.
6. Exercise – If you do this regularly it can reduce anxiety and improve sleep for those who suffer from insomnia. It has been proven another benefit from physical activity is that exercise is a form of meditation and can relax the mind while you are doing exercise and you are not concentrating on the things that stress you out. Especially if you are exercising to music which I believe you cannot be stressed and listen to your favorite songs.
7. Work out early in the day – Yep I do this 5 days a week. I believe that it is better not to do too much exercise late in the after noon. Maybe a small walk but for me if I do rigorous exercise late in the afternoon gives me an adrenaline boost and peps me up for hours and I find it hard to go to sleep.
8. Power nap during the day – Works for me.
9. Bedroom for bedroom activities – Sleeping and sex nothing else. No TV, no computers, no phones, no business talk.
10. Snuggly environment – Spend a little extra on 800 thread sheets for summer, fluffy warm sheets for winter. Get that perfect mattress. Find the perfect pillows. Works for me.
11. Keep the bedroom cool – They say the best temperature is about 60 to 75 degrees. Not too cold. If it’s too cold I need a woolly hat on as my head gets cold. Not a sexy look I might add.
12. Try to get at least 7 hours sleep a night – 8 is better – Research shows that not sleeping enough can be linked to insulin resistance and of course diabetes.
13. Take a hot shower or bath – This helps the mind and body to relax. The rise and fall of body temperature induces sleepiness.
14. Try to have a wake up time – This for me depends on what time I go to the gym. I always wake up early even in the weekends when I have no reason to get up. Always wake up with the sun.
15. Make up for lost sleep – This I have heard makes no difference but in my case if I have had a late night the night before I find I am in bed a little earlier the next night or I have a nanny nap during the day
16. Keep the caffeine drinks to the morning – Not a good idea before bed.
17. Dont Toss and Turn – They say get up for 10 minutes, go to the loo or go have a cup of warm milk or glass of water and go back to bed. Another idea is pick up your favorite magazine and look at some nice homes or fashion something to take you mind off what is making you toss and turn.
18. Medication check – Check you medication it may be making you sleepless. If so go see the doctor and get it changed. I don’t take medication so that is not my problem.
19. Pets on the floor – Don’t have your pet on the bed sleeping with you as the chances it is what could be disturbing you. Make sure your pet has a nice comfortable bed on the floor and make sure he or she understands they are not welcome on the bed. I know its hard to do but once they are in the habit you will both be happy and you will not get grouchy with it.
20. Sleeping tracker – If you do have to have your smartphone in the bedroom or you could get one of those fitbit watches you are able to track your sleeping patterns. This can show you what may be disturbing your snooze time. I believe they are very good.
21. Listen to soothing music – You are able to get sound tracks of things like rivers, oceans, wind any thing that may make you feel peaceful and nod off to sleep. You can get that sort of gadget on Amazon
22. Sniff of Lavender – works well. I put a few drops on my pillow of pure lavender oil or spray what ever I have at the time, every night.
23. Muscle relaxation – Now this works but takes a bit of concentration – You need to start with the feet and work your way up your body. Often by then you fall asleep. The idea is to tighten your muscle then relax. Like tighten your muscles in the feet for a few seconds then relax. Tighten the muscles in the calf of your leg then relax etc etc till you get to the head. By that time the chances are you are snoring.
24. Breath – Now this does work – well most of the time – I find by the time I focus on 4 deep slow breaths if am ready for sleep. I do this often with success. Actually if there is any for of anxiety you are facing even if you are not in bed a deep breath really helps to calm the nerves
25. Dim the lights – Any bright lights will disturb your sleep. If you have any electronics in the room turn them off at the wall. Especially if they are a ‘blue light’ they will cause disturbance in your sleep.
26. Sunlight your best friend – Make sure you get some sunlight during the day. sunlight keeps daytime fatigue at bay, leading to more sleepiness at bedtime. That good old Vitamin D the natural way is a must and good for you in moderation.
27. Shut that Computer down – Artificial lights from computers, TVs, and cell phones might make it more difficult for the body to understand when it’s time to wind down. Try reading.
28. Drink something warm – Before you go to bed have some warm milk or milk and chocolate. Or just dark chocolate that sometimes helps.
29. Dream a little – This also works for me – I have a place that I go to when I am having trouble going to sleep. I visualize the sand and the track and the bushes on the way to my favorite beach. I visualize the waves the fish in the waves etc etc and off to La La land I go.
30. Wine – Glass of red before bed works for me