- German chocolate cake is named after a guy named Sam German, not the country.
2. The creature that kills the most people every year isn’t snakes, sharks, or even other humans–it’s the mosquito.
3. The last letter added to the English alphabet wasn’t Z–it was the letter J.
4. A female architecture student prevented a Manhattan skyscraper from collapsing in the 1970s when she caught a massive design flaw. It was a student called Diane Hartley. Read more on 99percentinvisible.org
5. Paper bags aren’t any better for the environment than plastic ones.
Fiction: Many believe that paper bags are more environmentally friendly than plastic bags because they are made from a renewable resource, can biodegrade, and are recyclable. Fact: Plastic shopping bags outperform paper bags environmentally – on manufacturing, on reuse, and on solid waste volume and generation.
6. Nestle is facing a lawsuit in the U.S. alleging that its Poland Spring brand is “common groundwater” rather than spring water, which the suit claims makes the marketing of Poland Spring water a “colossal fraud.”
Change your water and change your life go to http://www.lifechanging-water.com