How often do most of us go without shoes. Maybe on the couch watching tv.
Research has found that walking bare feet has great health benefits for the body that has not been recognized.
1. Helps reduce inflammation: Experts on earthing and grounding believe that this practice can help improve circulation which means that the nutrition for your body improves and expels toxins. It has been observed that it also helps to reduce swelling.
2. Reduces Stress hormones – ‘One double-blind study that investigated the effects of earthing (going barefoot) on 58 healthy adults used conductive adhesive patches placed on the sole of each participant’s foot to read their electrical signals. The subjects were exposed to 28 minutes in the unearthed condition followed by 28 minutes with the earthing wire connected. Controls were unearthed for 56 minutes.
After earthing, about half the subjects showed “an abrupt, almost instantaneous change in root mean square (rms) values of electroencephalograms (EEGs) from the left hemisphere of the brain.” These changes are believed to signify positive changes and lower stress reactions.’ (Dr Axe).
3. Helps with sleep: – After earthing, (Barefoot) levels of cortisol are more in line with the natural rhythms of the earth and sun: There is higher cortisol early in the morning when we naturally need more to feel alert and awake, then they had lower cortisol at night-time when we need to unwind in order to fall asleep for the night.
4. Helps increase energy: – Earthing or Grounding helps fight the craving for low energy foods, sugar that result in more calories.
5. Can help lower back pain: – Research has shown that grounding the body to the earth altered measures of immune system activity and pain. Among the ungrounded men, there was an expected, sharp increase in white blood cells (sign of an inflammatory response) and greater perception of pain after exercise. Grounded men had only a slight decrease in white blood cells, indicating less inflammation and experienced shorter recovery times.
How To Start Earthing
There is nothing that beats ‘Earthing or Grounding” than simply going barefoot. The beach, mowing the lawn, climbing hills, sitting on a chair with bare feet on the ground, gardening barefoot, BBQ barefoot.
There are products that are sold that will help with earthing but none better than plain old barefoot.
There is an electrically charged bed that has been created and features silver wires that are connected to the electrical charge of the earth once plugged into an “earthing” port. They say it is almost like sleeping outside in the grass.
Anyway if you want to read more about this go to the website of DrAxe and it will be explained in detail