Tag Archives: eating
1. What Brassica vegetables are:
These vegetables rank among the top 10 healthiest and give you the most folate which is a B vitamin which is naturally present in these vegetables and an important vitamin for pregnant woman. However a study of 1391 women released in May 2016 revealed that excessive amounts of folate may increase the risk for autism.
So the old saying “Everything in moderation” is very relevant with this vitamin.
Source Nature and Health
2. In a study of 512,891 adults, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, those who ate fresh fruit daily had a 40 percent lower risk of dying from cardiovascular disease.
3. If you stop eating by 6pm till 8am the next day you will help to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s dramatically plus lose a bit of weight around the waist as well.
That 14 hours of fasting will put the brain in resting mode and reduce the brain from aging.
Another benefit is to be drinking green tea and increase your consumption of eggs which helps to build a healthy brain.
4. Japan’s population consumes up to 5 million kit Kat bars every day.
Not the original chocolate variety, they have a choice of strawberry, cheese Cake, green tea, sweet potato , red bean sandwich and sake and there is more:- 300 flavors in fact.
In my opinion a great way to ruin a Kit Kat bar.
5. Lyndon B Johnson had a car that could go in and out of the water. He would scare his passengers by driving into the lake shouting”The brakes won’t hold we are going to go under”. The Amphicar had a Texas REG. Number TX1919-AZ
As we all aware it is much better for our bodies, if we eat our vitamins and not pop them as pills. There are exceptions of course. A digestive system that is not what it should be, may not absorb all the minerals from food and we become deficient in certain vitamins, that is when popping a pill may help.
Keep eating those fresh veggies.
If you are eating out
Share your meals. Get your children to share also.
How many times do you eat out at a restaurant and you are unable to finish your meal.
Choose a meal that both you and your partner enjoy, ask the waiter to bring you two plates and split the meal.
The children also very rarely finish their meal so have them share a meal as well.
You will probably save up to 20 dollars on your bill.