Music to my ears. This is an extremely interesting research.
Tag Archives: ears
1.Ginger is a long used medicine in many cultures, it is a winter must have because of its anti inflammatory compounds. It is very inexpensive and known to be used for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the cancer linked to it.
2. If you want to befriend a dog this is how you do it. Dogs get high when you rub their ears real good. They have a branch of nerves in their ears that extend to their internal organs and release endorphins when you rub them, sending relaxing impulses through their bodies and going them a natural high.
3. Anxiety can be a direct result of their parents behavior. Though high anxiety is partly genetic, children are more likely to be anxious if their parents openly criticize them, doubt their competence, are controlling, or are emotionally cold – to the pont that researchers analyzing a childs anxiety have been able to predict their mother’s behavior before ever observing it.
4. With a country such as Norway, with so many beautiful areas and scenery, you might think that the access is restricted or commercialized by someone. But that isn’t the case. Trespassing is not so much of a thing in Norway. The country has a law called ‘allemannsretten’ meaning every man’s right or the right to roam that dates back to ancient times and allow you to freely roam and camp on all uncultivated land as long as you show respect for nature and pick up your trash.
5. The phrase ‘Crab mentality’ is used to describe the ‘if I can’t have it, neither can you’ mindset. The metaphors refers to a pot of crabs that could easily get out, but they ensure their own demise by competitively clawing at each other-like spiteful humans trying to bring down those who are more successful by diminishing their importance
Have you ever suffered the symptoms of Vertigo.
Well I have and do not wish it on anybody.
One day at my Mum’s place in NZ, I bent down to get a dish out of the cupboard and when I stood up the room just spun and had to hold on to something to stop myself falling. I just thought it was a bit of a dizzy spell from standing up too quickly. My eyes felt funny like a shimmering feeling and I still felt a little strange. I tried to ignore it as I usually do with these sorts of things. I drove my Mum’s car the next day and had to pull over on the side of the road as I seem to be unable to judge corners or passing vehicles.
So off to the doctors I fled thinking I was having a stroke or at least had one (probably because strokes are in the family DNA). Burst into tears at the door, they rushed me in and the nurses gave me the finger to the nose, smile test and blood pressure (which was a little high for me probably cause I was panicking) but seemed ok. The prognosis from the Doctor was that I had Vertigo. Never heard of it and never had it before.
He told me what it was and how it happens then gave me some sea sick tablets that never worked. It took me several months to get over this and I found it very debilitating. It never really stopped me from doing anything but driving and riding my motorbike was something I had to concentrate doing because I always felt unbalanced.
I googled it up and found different exercises which did help but it did keep coming back. I eventually had ‘Bowen Therapy’ done which I have no idea how it works but it does. Symptoms do not disappear straight away but within days it seems to fade away.
I actually go get the therapy done every time I go back to Australia just to keep things in balance so hopefully the Vertigo does not come back.
Well it has and have had it mildly for the last two days. As I am in the States and do not know of any Bowen Therapists here, In desperation I did these exercises and it seems it has gone for the time being.
I know of some that get Vertigo and have violent reactions to it like vomiting. Lucky for my I have not had those symptoms.
If I feel it coming on I do these exercises straight away and that helps shift the calcium crystals in your ears that cause this problem.
Here are two videos of the exercises so that if you are unfortunate enough to get Vertigo you can do this straight away to help fix the symptoms.
I have decided every Wednesday to offer you my idea of a good Christmas gift. I am going to do this till the end of the year. I am always looking for something different to give my friends so thought I might share this with you.
Why Smart Phones could cause cancer in Children and why this phone cover is the perfect gift For Christmas.
My Grandkids are definitely getting this for Xmas
Some experts say no, others say our devices could be the Asbestos of the future
I was watching Dr Oz the other day and he had a pediatrician from Chicago on his program and she was saying that she feels our children are in danger from all our smart phones, tablets and computers. The amount of electromagnetic radiation that is emitted from these devices could put our children in danger of becoming ill in the future.
As she said nothing has yet been proved but believes that in 20 years time there could be a result from all this exposure.
It has been suggested that the radiation has caused cancer in adult. The scary thing is that the skull of children is so much thinner than adults which could be a real danger to them.
A survey was done by Dr Oz . Families were asked how many devices do your children have and 65% of those said their children had 2 or more devices.
What attracted my attention was that the pediatrician mentioned about the fact that not only do they put some of these devices to their ears most of them, my grandchildren included, work with these devices on their laps which are close to their reproductive organs.
Apparently there is some regulation (FCC) about how much radiation these devices can emit but at the same time we have increased the usage over the years.
Another factor is that because a child’s skull is thinner than an adult, their brain absorbs the electro magnetic radiation 10 times more than an adult.
Example that I took off the screen. Here we see the result of a 5 year old, 10 year old and an Adult.
Now that I find rather a major concern.You can watch this on DrOz.com
When it comes to radiation distance matters.
1. Keep the phone as far away from the body as possible
2. Don’t allow laptops or tablets to sit on lap
3. Adjust to airplane mode when not in use
4. Use the speaker phone
6. Don’t sleep with your phone next to your head
7. Teenage girls – do not put them in your bras
8. There is a cellphone case that helps with the protection of electromagnetic radiation.