2. This information on Vitamin D –
a. The international journal of Rheumatic disease study shows that vitamin D deficiency is a factor in dry eye syndrome.
b. According to study via Queen Mary University of London, Vitamin D reduced the severity of Asthma attacks by 37% in people who needed corticosteroids to control the condition.
c. A study of Chinese and Japanese people who took 420 IU of Vitamin D daily for one year demonstrated a significant improvement in their blood sugar, insulin and beta-cell function
Source:- Nature and Health Australia
3. According to Denise Cullen a writer for Australian magazine ‘Nature and Health” (my favorite health magazine) Evidence is mounting that our thoughts, emotions and beliefs can heal and avert disease – So choose wisely – her words. My words “Think about what comes from your mouth it could heal you or come back to bite you”
4. The Drug Company PACs and employees gave politicians in 2016 $19.8 Million – Source AARP
$24 Billion – drug companies in the US spend per year spent marketing to doctors – no wonder they hand out drugs willy nilly in my opinion.
$6.4 Billion – drug companies spend advertising directly to consumers in the US annually
Mind boggles I have to say
5. If your senses tell you some one is lying. Not sure why. Trust your gut because they probably are. Studies show that your gut is far better at detecting lies than your brain. Your first instinct is usually the correct one. If you have time to think about it, the chances are you will then convince yourself you are wrong and change your mind so go with that first instinct.
- According to the University of Manchester in the UK, loud music can make you feel happier. Be careful though they say, ‘too loud may risk permanent hearing damage’. I believe this survey to be true as I go into my ‘happy place’ when I put my ear buds in and listen to my music which I have to say is rather loud.
2. Good news for chocolate lovers. A British medical review of research on 114,000 people found that those who ate the most chocolate had a 37 percent decreased risk of developing heart disease and 29 percent decreased risk of suffering a stroke compared to those who ate less or abstained completely. 70% cacao is supposed to be the best for your health.
3. There is a way to outsmart a habit – US scientists say that up to 40% of your daily actions are actually habits formed over the years. It is basically your brains way of conserving effort or discomfort. However you can outsmart them by trading an old habit for a new one such as replacing a sugar fix with a walk. Replacing a cigarette for a piece of chewing gum or maybe go work in the garden. It helps the brain believe you can change
4. I read this on the packet of Dr Sheffields toothpaste – Dr Sheffield was the inventor of toothpaste in a tube since 1850.
FLUORIDE IS A DRUG THAT CAN BE ACUTELY TOXIC IF SWALLOWED IN LARGE AMOUNTS.
You may know that fluoride can be found in your drinking water; however, you may not know that it is also in many processed beverages and foods containing water. Including juice, beer and even your morning cup of coffee. Currently, over 200 million American’s are dosed daily with fluoride making it the most widely distributed drug in America.
A SIMPLE CHOICE:
Did you know that the mucous membranes in the mouth allow chemicals to pass directly into the blood stream where they can accumulate into toxic levels.
Most of us in the modern chemical based world are constantly exposed to all sorts of toxic substances in the air we breathe, in the water we drink (Plug for Kangen water) , and in the food we eat. We should strive to eliminate any source of contamination that we can, and try to stay as toxin free as possible. We may not be able to control everything, but we can control what we choose to place in our mouth and the mouths of our children.
You can only buy this at a CVS store in America. Sorry everyone else, but there are other brands that do not have fluoride in their toothpaste
5. The queen broke with protocol and allowed her troops to play the US national anthem for the first time ever during the changing of the guard ceremony as a tribute to the 9/11 victims and the Americans in England who were unable to return home.
More than 70 percent of Americans consume 10 percent of their daily calories from sugar. And about 10 percent of Americans consume one in every four of their calories from sugar.
We’ve been told to swap eggs for cereal. But that recommendation is dead wrong. In fact, it’s very likely that this bad advice has killed millions of Americans.
Eggs are among the few foods that I would classify as “superfoods.” They are loaded with nutrients, some of which are rare in the modern diet.
A study showed that your risk of heart attacks doubles if sugar makes up 20 percent of your calories.
So eat up your eggs!
In one study showed, 2 eggs per day for 6 weeks increased HDL levels (Good cholesterol) by 10%
Here are 10 reasons you should be eating eggs every day.
1. Eggs Are Incredibly Nutritious
2. Eggs Are High in Cholesterol, But They Don’t Adversely Affect Blood Cholesterol
3. Eggs Raise HDL (The “Good”) Cholesterol
4. Eggs Contain Choline – an Important Nutrient That Most People Don’t Get Enough of
5. Eggs Turn LDL Cholesterol From Small, Dense to Large, Linked to a Reduced Risk of Heart Disease
6. Eggs Contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Antioxidants That Have Major Benefits For Eye Health
7. In the Case of Omega-3 or Pastured Eggs, They Lower Triglycerides as Well
8. Eggs Are High in Quality Protein, With All The Essential Amino Acids in The Right Ratios
9. Eggs do NOT Raise Your Risk of Heart Disease and May Reduce The Risk of Stroke
10. Eggs Are Highly Fulfilling and Tend to Make You Eat Fewer Calories, Helping You to Lose Weight
Bottom Line: Egg consumption consistently leads to elevated levels of HDL (the “good”) cholesterol, which is linked to a reduced risk of many diseases.
Source: Huffington Post
Source: Authority Nutrition
1. Turmeric can help protect against Aluminum Toxicity.
Aluminum can destroy the endocrine system and lead to widespread hormonal imbalance (especially when it’s absorbed through the lymph system) if it accumulates beyond a certain level. It’s even been linked with breast cancer, prostate cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities are well-known. By neutralizing both chronic inflammation and oxidative stress—two of the greatest inhibitors of the body’s natural detoxification functions—turmeric helps protect against the negative effects of aluminum and other heavy metals.
2. To figure out how much water you should drink daily. Halve your body weight – If you are 54 kilos you should drink 2.7 liters a day.
3. Legend has it that tea was discovered accidentally. About 5,000 years ago when the Chinese Emperor witnessed leaves blow from a near by bush into a pot of boiling water.
Anyway both Black and Green tea prevent the breakdown of Acetylcholine a chemical found to be lacking in the brain of those with Alzhiemer’s disease. Green tea is found to contain l-theanine an amino acid which increases the activity of dopamine and the alpha waves of the brain.
4. Warm feet. They say that 30% of woman’s likelihood of achieving orgasm will be if her feet are warm. This is information from researchers from the Netherlands. So go buy some fancy bedsocks guys .
5. Keep a potted ‘Peace Lily’ on your desk. A NASA study showed this plant was the most effective at removing airborne toxins especially in the office to ward of all those office place germs. Interesting I thought.
Keep your Dogs Teeth clean.
Buy Greenies or Milk Bone Brushing chews to remove plaque. Periodontal disease in pets can lead to more serious and expensive illnesses
This graph displays a great way to keep to a reasonably healthy lifestyle. The less inflammation we have in our body: The less disease that will develop. The better we will feel. Our energy levels great. This is an easy chart to follow without too much effort.
Click on the graph to get a clearer picture
“Following an anti-inflammatory diet can help counteract the chronic inflammation that is a root cause of many serious diseases, including those that become more frequent as people age. It is a way of selecting and preparing foods based on science that can help people achieve and maintain optimum health over their lifetime.”-Andrew Weil