This looks bloody delicious. I am going to have it for desert this week.
Made with lots of soft and delicious apple slices, wrapped in sweet and crispy puff pastry
Ingredients: to make 6 roses
1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
2 red organic apples ( red delicious)
half lemon, juice
1 tablespoon of flour, to sprinkle the counter
3 tablespoons of apricot preserve
powder sugar for decorating (optional)
Preparation time: 45 minutes
1. Thaw the puff pastry if you haven’t done so yet. It should take 20-30 minutes.
2. Prepare a bowl with some water and the lemon juice. Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples in paper thin slices, as shown in my picture. Leave the peel so it will give the red color to your roses. Right away, place the sliced apples in the bowl with lemon and water, so that they won’t change color.
3. Microwave the apples in the bowl, for about 3 minutes, to make them slightly softer.
4. Unwrap the puff pastry oven a clean and lightly floured counter. Using a rolling pin stretch the dough a little, trying to keep it in a rectangular shape. Cut the dough in 6 strips.
5. In a bowl, place three tablespoons of apricot preserve with two tablespoons of water. Microwave for about one minute, so that the preserve will be easier to spread. Spread the preserve on the dough.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Drain the apples.
7. Place the apples on the dough, as shown in my picture. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you’d like.
8. Fold up the bottom part of the dough.
9. Carefully roll, seal the edge, and place in a muffin cup.
10. Do the same for all 6 roses. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 40-45 minutes, until fully cooked. Sprinkle with powder sugar.
Looks fabulous worth the try and very impressive to guests I should imagine