I have never heard of this Gooseberry from India before. I recieved this article the other day and found it very interesting. Have got an Indian shop around the corner so will check on them tomorrow to know more about it. This is what they look like
Here are some of the benefits:-
- Treat cough and flu as well as mouth ulcers.
- reduce cholesterol levels
- Helpful in managing diabetes better as well as respiratory ailments.
- The alkaline nature of amla helps in clearing the system and strengthening the digestive system.
- Supports liver function and flushes out toxins
- Along with Vitamin C, amla is also rich in iron, calcium, phosphorous
- Amino acids and protein present in amla help in hair growth, tackling hair fall and fortifying the root as well as the shaft,
- Fight marks, pigmentation and blemishes
All sounds pretty good to me. To read the article in full go to NDTV Food
1. 90% of the ‘Happy Hormone’ Serotonin is made in the stomach, which is why digestive problems often cause depression.
Source – Nutrition and Food Science
2. According to a study presented to the Gerontological Society of America, men and women who took a 1000mg resveratrol supplement daily showed significantly increased blood flow to the brain. “We also saw exciting evidence suggesting comprehension and memory processing were improved” said Dr Steve Anton.
I think that would be a whole lot of red wine so maybe the tablets would be the better alternative otherwise you would end up intoxicated every day and I am not sure if your memory would be working very well the next day.
3. 300 minutes a week is the average that dog owners walk. 168 minutes is the average that non-dog owners walk.
Source – Nature and health
4. 19 Million is the number of prescriptions for antibiotics written every year in Australia – One of the highest usage rates in the world.
5. A ‘cargotecture’ is shipping containers are used in eco-friendly construction, from hotels to stores – eve, in Washington DC holiday rental cottages
As we all aware it is much better for our bodies, if we eat our vitamins and not pop them as pills. There are exceptions of course. A digestive system that is not what it should be, may not absorb all the minerals from food and we become deficient in certain vitamins, that is when popping a pill may help.
Keep eating those fresh veggies.