Tag Archives: digestion
1. When women gossip, their levels of the ‘Love Hormone’ oxytocin go up. This is according to researchers from the University of Pavia in Italy. This makes the gossipers feel closer to each other regardless of their mood or personality type. Another way of getting the Oxytocin shot is by giving your friend a hug. Now that is more positive I am thinking.
2. Garlic repairs glass cracks? yep amazing. If you have a glass with a hairline crack, try cutting a garlic clove in half and gently rubbing it against the cracks. The high concentration of sucrose compounds will act as an adhesive.
3. Most of us thought there was only 7 continents. Apparently not. Geologists are now arguing there is an 8th. ‘Zealandia’ consists of NZ and Caledonia. It could be known as the smallest continent of all. It is not official as yet but will be when enough scientists get on board.
4. A few times each year, thousands of fish meet up to for one giant ‘tuna tornado’ because they do most of their breeding outside their bodies. The tuna gather themselves into a living tornado of reproduction, which acts as a moving wall that encircles a protected space where they can release a large volume of egg and sperm all at once .
5. Some farmers feed their cows Skittles. The reason being candy, chocolate, cereal or molasses is a cheap substitute for corn. The sugar reportedly helps cows with digestion,, increase milk production and fattens up the beef cattle. Mars, inc sells their unused skittles to companies that melt them down and add them to livestock feed which is cheaper to buy than corn as corn at times is to high a price to be economical.
1. Japan has the longest life expectancy in the world – 78.5 for Men and 85.5 for Women. This is mainly attributed to their traditional diet of fish, sea vegetables, rice and non genetically modified soy.
2. The intestine replaces its lining every 72 hours. The digestion system uses more energy that any other physiological process in the body so you need to consider the nutritional value of all that we eat.
3. Staying awake for over 17 hours impairs your brain functioning which is the same amount as having a blood alcohol content of .05%
4. Americans on average spend 5c per day flushing their toilets. (How interesting)
5. The Americans in 1962 blew up a hydrogen bomb in space that was 100 times more powerful than Hiroshima. This I know to be true as I was living in NZ at the time and it lit the sky up something fearful to say the least.
6. Einstein’s eyes are in a safe box in NYC. Have no idea why but maybe they will use the cells from his eyes one day for transplant. Who Knows.
Why drink infused waters?
1. Green tea, mint, and lime–For fat burning, digestion, headaches, congestion and breath freshener.
2. Strawberry and kiwi–For cardiovascular health, immune system protection, blood sugar regulation, digestion.
3. Cucumber, lime, and lemon–For water weight management, bloating, appetite control, hydration, digestion.
4. Lemon, lime, and orange–For digestion vitamin C, immune defense, heartburn, (Drink this one at room temperature)
Infused waters are good for detoxification energy and hydration. Put as much fruit in water as you like and let the water sit for at least 30 minutes before drinking.
I love these drinks in the heat of summer, they are very refreshing
The ticket to soothing endometriosis pain could be a daily bowl of oatmeal. Endometriosis occurs when little bits of the uterine lining detach and grow outside of the uterus. Experts say these migrating cells can turn menstruation into a misery, causing so much inflammation that they trigger severe cramping during your period, plus a heavy ache that drags on all month long. Fortunately, scientists say opting for a diet rich in oats can help reduce endometrial pain for up to 60 percent of women within six months. That’s because oats don’t contain gluten, a trouble-making protein that triggers inflammation in many women, making endometriosis difficult to bear, explains Peter Green, M.D., professor of medicine at Colombia University.
Soothe foot pain with salt
Experts say at least six million Americans develop painful ingrown toenails each year. But regularly soaking ingrown nails in warm salt water baths can cure these painful infections within four days, say scientists at California’s Stanford University. The salt in the mix naturally nixes inflammation, plus it’s anti-bacterial, so it quickly destroys the germs that cause swelling and pain. Just mix 1 teaspoon of salt into each cup of water, heat to the warmest temperature that you can comfortably stand, and then soak the affected foot area for 20 minutes twice daily, until your infection subsides.
Prevent digestive upsets with pineapple
Got gas? One cup of fresh pineapple daily can cut painful bloating within 72 hours, say researchers at California’s Stanford University. That’s because pineapple is natually packed with proteolytic enzymes, digestive aids that help speed the breakdown of pain-causing proteins in the stomach and small intestine, say USDA researchers.
Relax painful muscles with peppermint
Suffering from tight, sore muscles? Stubborn knots can hang around for months if they aren’t properly treated, says naturopath Mark Stengler, N.D., author of the book, The Natural Physician’s Healing Therapies. His advice: Three times each week, soak in a warm tub scented with 10 drops of peppermint oil. The warm water will relax your muscles, while the peppermint oil will naturally soothe your nerves — a combo that can ease muscle cramping 25 percent more effectively than over-the-counter painkillers, and cut the frequency of future flare-ups in half, says Stengler.
Correct timing to take water will maximize its effectiveness to Human body.
Two (02) glasses of water – After waking up – Helps activate internal organs
One (01) glass of water – 30 minutes before meal – Help digestion
One (01) glass of water – Before taking a bath – Helps lower blood pressure