- 186% is how much Pinterest searches for oat milk have risen in the past year. Made by soaking oats in water, blending them , then draining them with a cheesecloth, its quickly becoming the non-dairy milk of choice thanks to its slightly sweet flavor and low fat content. (not for me). Source-BodyandSoul
2. The US food and drug administration announced its approval of esketamine-based nasal sprays for severe depression. Esketamine a form of ketamine a fast acting prescription only available to people who have not had success with previous treatments. Other medications can take weeks to work while esketamine is thought to stabilize mood more quickly. The spray is not available in Australia or New Zealand but the approval in the States may inspire some trials Down Under. Keep your ears to the ground.
Source-Body and soul
3. It is believed that 18mg Is the amount of iron women in their childbearing years (19-50) require per day. In comparison men over 19 only need 8mg per day.
Source-Body and Soul
4. 3 things to help build stronger bones – a. Pump iron b. Don’t put stress your bones excessive cardio. Light cardio is better like walks, swimming and cycling . c. Improve your balance.
Source-Body and Soul
5. Crows love to pull tails. They do it to distract the bird while eating so that they can steal food. They also have been known to do it just because they can
Source: Did you know facts
- According to Harvard researchers people who worry about being on time experience more stress than those who don’t . Also those who have a nonplussed attitude towards traffic jams may save their lives because of it.
2. The Parker institute for cancer immunotherapy found in a study on Melanoma’s that those who have a diet that is fibre rich found that the treatment was five times more effective than those who had a diet high in sugars and processed food which resulted in poor outcomes.
3. 7.4 million kilos of added sodium, Aussie adults consume every year. That equates to more than double the recommended 5g of salt a day.
Signs you are consuming too much salt.
a. Kidney stones
b. Inflammation and weight gain
c. Cardiovascular disease
d. Cognitive decline
e. Decreased bone heath
4. Buckwheat pillows have been used in Japan for years as their health benefits are: The buckwheat pillow mould better to your neck and hold your head in a more natural position than feathers or artificial fillings. You can find them on Amazon
5. If you rise at what they call ‘Sparrow Fart’ in the morning the chances are so did your parents. Its in your DNA. But here is the good thing researchers have found that morning people correlate with improved wellbeing and also have lower risks of developing depression and schizophrenia.
I wrote an article on this subject on June 3rd 2018. Many studies have been made recently only to discover if you don’t have a healthy gut you probably do not have a great immune system and suffer from many different ailments. It affects your brain, hormones, joint pain etc and has a great influence on depression, sleep, being over weight and other chronic problems. There are a number of articles on this subject which we never really considered until now. Those little micro organisms in your stomach are very important and need to be introduced to our gut on a regular basis. Good sugar free yogurt, fermented food, good water (Kangen water ) are all beneficial to the gut.
If your life is in the fast lane then getting the essentials for your gut is near impossible. I have been introduced to a product that has done years of research on this subject and come up with a great product which I believe to be untouchable by other products. I kid you not. If you are wanting quality of life then you have to look at this and consider giving it a go. It is one of Isagenix products and if you want to find out more about them go to the Isagenix sites below.
America – davidvoth.isagenix.com
Australia and New Zealand – lesleyvoth.isagenix.com
‘If you don’t do different nothing will change’