- According to Harvard researchers people who worry about being on time experience more stress than those who don’t . Also those who have a nonplussed attitude towards traffic jams may save their lives because of it.
2. The Parker institute for cancer immunotherapy found in a study on Melanoma’s that those who have a diet that is fibre rich found that the treatment was five times more effective than those who had a diet high in sugars and processed food which resulted in poor outcomes.
3. 7.4 million kilos of added sodium, Aussie adults consume every year. That equates to more than double the recommended 5g of salt a day.
Signs you are consuming too much salt.
a. Kidney stones
b. Inflammation and weight gain
c. Cardiovascular disease
d. Cognitive decline
e. Decreased bone heath
4. Buckwheat pillows have been used in Japan for years as their health benefits are: The buckwheat pillow mould better to your neck and hold your head in a more natural position than feathers or artificial fillings. You can find them on Amazon
5. If you rise at what they call ‘Sparrow Fart’ in the morning the chances are so did your parents. Its in your DNA. But here is the good thing researchers have found that morning people correlate with improved wellbeing and also have lower risks of developing depression and schizophrenia.
I wrote an article on this subject on June 3rd 2018. Many studies have been made recently only to discover if you don’t have a healthy gut you probably do not have a great immune system and suffer from many different ailments. It affects your brain, hormones, joint pain etc and has a great influence on depression, sleep, being over weight and other chronic problems. There are a number of articles on this subject which we never really considered until now. Those little micro organisms in your stomach are very important and need to be introduced to our gut on a regular basis. Good sugar free yogurt, fermented food, good water (Kangen water ) are all beneficial to the gut.
If your life is in the fast lane then getting the essentials for your gut is near impossible. I have been introduced to a product that has done years of research on this subject and come up with a great product which I believe to be untouchable by other products. I kid you not. If you are wanting quality of life then you have to look at this and consider giving it a go. It is one of Isagenix products and if you want to find out more about them go to the Isagenix sites below.
America – davidvoth.isagenix.com
Australia and New Zealand – lesleyvoth.isagenix.com
‘If you don’t do different nothing will change’
Day 5 of 22 Pushups – 22 Days – Awareness for PTSD.
Today I volunteered At ‘Helping Hand Food Bank’ in Richmond Texas. This great charity feeds many people each week who are struggling. All of the food is donated generously by the large grocery companies like Walmart, Sam’s, and HEB. I only work there once a week which was my day 5 of my pushups so had my friend June video my pushups in the Aisle of warehouse. Thank you June.
The reason for 22 days and 22 pushups is the recognition and awareness of proven statistical evidence that there are at least 22 veterans commit suicide each day in the United States Of America and a growing number in Australia. There has been 274 suicides in Australia since 1999.
For most of us, we can not comprehend the trauma that they experience and how tolerant and supportive we must be for those who fight for our freedoms. It is not only tragic for our vets it is certainly heartbreaking for the families of these young men and women.
Today I nominate my friend Thor Koschel to take the challenge.
No pressure . If you can great, if not that’s ok too.
But once you accept, you start tomorrow. The rules are simple:
* Once you are nominated your 22 days starts the following day.
* Every day you record yourself doing 22 push ups, try your best to reach 22. If that means doing assisted push ups (from your knees) or you have to stop and take a break, that is fine but try and get them all done in one video.
* Every day the push-ups must be in a different location.
* Every day you just nominate a different person.
* And finally have fun with this!
This a great way to have fun and let these courageous Men and Women who put their life on the line know that someone is thinking about them.
You can make donations to assist in the rehabilitation of our veterans with PTSD on the website of ‘Getheadstrong.org‘
Crisis line in USA
Crisis line in Australia