A couple of old guys were golfing when one mentioned that he was going to go to Dr. Steinberg for a new set of dentures the next morning.
His elderly buddy remarked that he, too, had gone to the very same dentist two years before.
“Is that so?” asked the first old guy. “Did he do a good job?”
The second oldster replied, “Well, I was on the golf course yesterday when a guy on the next fairway hooked a shot. The ball must have been going at least 180 mph when it slammed me right in the testicles.”
The first old guy was confused and asked, “What the hell does that have to do with your dentures?”
“It was the first time in two years my teeth didn’t hurt.”
1. There are seven vertebrae in a giraffe’s neck, just like humans.
Just like humans and most mammals, a giraffe has seven neck bones. But those are really, really BIG bones.
2. If you are scared of going to the dentist you probably have a phobia called Odontophobia
3. Franklin Pierce the 14th President of the United States. Pierce chose to “affirm” his oath of office rather than swear it, becoming the first president to do so; he placed his hand on a law-book rather than on a Bible.
4. The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated
that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
5. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can’t sink