Thirteen people on average per year die from vending machines falling on them. Source
Humans are the only primates that don’t have pigmentation in their palms. Source
The average woman consumes 6 pounds of lipstick in her lifetime. Source
At -40 degrees Centigrade/Fahrenheit, a person loses about 14.4 calories per hour by breathing. Source
A substance from fish bladder is used to make wine and beer. It is a form of collagen used mainly for the clarification or fining of some beer and wine – Source
Extend the Life Of Your Smartphone Or Tablet Battery.
1. Protect your device from temperatures over 95 degrees (35 degrees Celsius ). Those temperatures can damage battery capacity.
2. Shut down location-tracking apps when not using them.
3. Turn off the function that refreshes apps in the background.
4. Don’t turn it off – It will use more juice powering up that it will quietly napping
5. Keep the ports where your battery plugs into your device clean.
6. Turn off Wi-Fi when not in use. Wi-Fi gobbles a lot of power on all devices because it’s always looking for a signal.
7. Keep the screen as dim as you can stand it
8. Extend the refresh time: Set your email to get new messages every 15 minutes (or even longer) rather than as soon as they arrive on the server
9. Do some digging. Look for apps like iOptimizer or Battery Graph that help you monitor your battery use.
10. For optimum performance, “reboot” your battery whenever you can by waiting to charge until the battery is down to about 10 percent. Then, fill ’er up to 100 percent. Try to avoid overcharging it except for newer devices, which is recommended.
11. Have a tablet? Drain its battery regularly. It appreciates the exercise.
BAKED FRIED CHICKEN
6 chicken legs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon seasoned salt (I use Lawry’s Seasoned Salt)…
3/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
1 gallon-size Ziploc bag (optional)
Place thawed chicken in a bowl of buttermilk, cover, and let soak 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator..
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine and mix thoroughly flour, salt, seasoned salt, garlic powder, parmesan, pepper, and Paprika in a gallon-size Ziploc bag or bowl.
Spray the pan with cooking spray, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.
Shake excess buttermilk off chicken and completely coat each piece in flour mixture. Either shake in the bag until coated or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.
Place each piece of chicken in the greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Do not overcrowd it gets crispier if they are not touching. Turn each piece of chicken over and continue
baking for 30 minutes more, or until cooked through (170 degrees F).
NOTE: Combine the milk and lemon juice. Measure 1 scant cup of milk. Stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar.
Let stand 5-10 minutes. Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. …
Use the buttermilk. Use this substitute (including curdled bits) as you would buttermilk in your recipe