- Cuddling (and other acts of love) help to heal physical wounds faster due to the release of oxytocin. Oxytocin is hormone that simultaneously acts as a neurotransmitter. It is released during orgasm in both sexes and is associated with feelings of love or attachment after sexual acts.
The wonderful things about Oxytocin is:
- Easy to get. – Just hug someone
- A love potion that’s built right in
- It helps mom to be mom
- Reduces social fears
- Healing and pain relief
- A diet aid
- An antidepressant
- Stress relief
- Increases generosity
- It’s what makes us human
2. Physical touch makes you healthier:
Whether it’s a squeeze of the hand, a big bear hug, a kneading massage, even a bedroom romp, touch is shaping up to be the ultimate mind-body medicine.
From lowering blood pressure and heart rate to increasing immune function and relieving pain, getting touched or doing some touching makes you healthier — not to mention happier and less anxious.
Hugging your pet is equally beneficial
3. Crying releases stress hormones or toxins from the body, which is why you feel better after crying.
Crying is considered a release, a psychological tonic, and to many a glimpse of something deeper: the heart’s own sign language, a form of emotional perspiration.
So if you feel like a cry have one, its good for you.
4.Google’s founders were willing to sell to Excite for under $1 million in 1999—but Excite turned them down.