This is the information from the site of Doctor Mercola who I have been following for years. I sounds quite logical to me. Here is the story in short. To find out more about the subject go to the site of Dr Mercola and read this article in depth.
- Vitamins C and D are finally being adopted in the conventional treatment of novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2. This fortunate turn of events is likely to save thousands of lives, while keeping health care costs down
- Seriously ill coronavirus patients in New York state’s largest hospital system receive 1,500 milligrams of intravenous vitamin C three to four times a day, in conjunction with other conventional treatments
- Vitamin C at extremely high doses acts as an antiviral drug, actually killing viruses
- In recent articles, former CDC chief Dr. Tom Frieden and Dr. John C. Umhau, a public health specialist at NIH, highlight the usefulness of sun exposure and/or vitamin D supplementation to reduce your risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Although vitamin D does not appear to have a direct effect on viruses, it does strengthen immune function, thus allowing the host body to combat the virus more effectively. It also suppresses inflammatory processes
Prevention is better than the cure that is my belief so no harm in trying. I am certainly going to.