Team of UK researchers have found a specific protein in the tissue of women in the early stages of ovarian cancer. It appears they have a 90% success rate in the detection.
2. Researchers at the University of Manchester have found a receptor called OR2AT4 which is known to stimulated by sandalore – synthetic sandalwood – and which can be found in the outer layer of hair follicles. They found that applying their synthetic sandalwood to the scalp tissue they could increase the hair growth and decrease cell death.
3. Some Converse sneakers have a thin layer of felt on the sole. The reason being shoes with a fuzzy sole can technically qualify as slippers which have import taxes up to 30% lower than regular shoes. Source
4. A study has shown that duct tape is more effective than liquid nitrogen at removing warts. source
Christmas day is fast approaching and if you have not done all your shopping you may want to look a these options as you are not only giving a great gift you are helping others.
Here are some of the gifts you may like to purchase.
1. Jewelry – projecthavehope.org – They sell bangles made out of recyclable paper and 100 percent of the proceeds go to women in Uganda. I have one of these and they are very attractive. Amazing actually you would never know they are made out of paper.
2. Hat – unicefusa.org – Apparently 15c of the proceeds of these warm winter hats go to this charity which provides vaccines and clean water all over the world.
3. bags – www.feedprojects.com – Order a beneficial bag for just $30. A portion of the proceeds will provide a child in need with five school lunches.
FEED Projects, was actually co-founded by Lauren Bush and to date they have provided over 66 million meals.”
They are also available at Lord and Taylor.
4. Sunglasses – toms.com – Check out the Classic 301 sunglasses for $145. For every pair sold, Toms will provide eye care to a person in need.
5. A Tree – peopletowels.com – Looking for a ‘green’ gift? Look no further than Seeds of Change. A tree gift set, costing $20, will plant 10 trees and your recipient gets to plant one too.This organization works with Trees for the Future, a non-profit that has been helping communities around the world plant trees
6. Sneakers – www.converse.com – buy a pair of savvy sneakers at Converse for $50 and a portion of the proceeds goes to RED the Global Fund to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. This was started by BONO