Tag Archives: Companies
The sale of Sparking water in the USA has risen 42% since 2011 according to statistics done in 2016. Sparkling water can be natural or man-made. Of course Natural is the better alternative, like sparkling mineral water which is naturally carbonated and contains minerals and straight from the source. Not all Sparkling mineral water is naturally sparkling so some companies add Carbon dioxide to give it bubbles.
Seltzer Water vs. Club Soda – Choose neither – sparkling water you absolutely want to stay away from is one that contains artificial flavors, colors and/or additives. That is those healthy looking mineral drinks like Orange, lime, grapefruit etc.
Club soda contains sodium, but seltzer is typically sodium-free. If you have a health problem with salt the Club Soda is not the one for you.
Natural Sparkling Water Benefits
Doctors recommend non-sparkling (Kangen of course in my opinion ) water over sparkling, but sparkling water definitely wins over high-sugar soda and juices. Sparkling water lowers the pH of water, making it more acidic, and one of the things that causes dental erosion.
pH of flavored sparkling waters is concerning. Carbonating of water lowers its pH to around a 5.
This I find rather interesting. Researchers have found that the sensation we experience when we drink a carbonated beverage like sparkling water is due to a reaction that occurs inside our mouths that changes carbon dioxide bubbles into irritating carbonic acid. So that exhilarating “bite” of carbonation is actually chemical rather than physical.
Basically the end the recommendation is opting for regular water with ph of 8 – 9.5 the vast majority of the time or using natural flavors like lemon, cucumber or waterelon. Those natural infusions also helps to create a higher pH level.
I guess most of us knew this was happening but because it did not affect the price so much we choose to overlook the fact that a lot of Companies are cutting costs by giving us less for the same price. They are shrinking the packaging.
2. This information on Vitamin D –
a. The international journal of Rheumatic disease study shows that vitamin D deficiency is a factor in dry eye syndrome.
b. According to study via Queen Mary University of London, Vitamin D reduced the severity of Asthma attacks by 37% in people who needed corticosteroids to control the condition.
c. A study of Chinese and Japanese people who took 420 IU of Vitamin D daily for one year demonstrated a significant improvement in their blood sugar, insulin and beta-cell function
Source:- Nature and Health Australia
3. According to Denise Cullen a writer for Australian magazine ‘Nature and Health” (my favorite health magazine) Evidence is mounting that our thoughts, emotions and beliefs can heal and avert disease – So choose wisely – her words. My words “Think about what comes from your mouth it could heal you or come back to bite you”
$24 Billion – drug companies in the US spend per year spent marketing to doctors – no wonder they hand out drugs willy nilly in my opinion.
$6.4 Billion – drug companies spend advertising directly to consumers in the US annually
Mind boggles I have to say
5. If your senses tell you some one is lying. Not sure why. Trust your gut because they probably are. Studies show that your gut is far better at detecting lies than your brain. Your first instinct is usually the correct one. If you have time to think about it, the chances are you will then convince yourself you are wrong and change your mind so go with that first instinct.
I am always looking for a deal – found one. Well someone told us about it so I checked it out.
A phone company called ‘Ting‘. Best thing since sliced bread I believe. Only available for those in the States though (Sorry Aussie’s you are stuck with those uncompetitive, unco-operative phone companies and paying through the nose). We anticipate that we will save $50 a month at least, and we were already on a discounted program. The nice thing about it, you pay for what you use and you can go on the website and check up on your usage at anytime. (I know some companies offer this as well)
This is not one of those money making sales pitches. The only benefit is it does offer the usual ‘refer a friend’ and if someone joins you do get $50 off your phone bill. It is only a ‘one off’ thing.
We had a small problem in changing over and received instant help from someone who spoke the English we are used to (like from our own country – being USA).
If you are interested in saving on your phone bills it is worth checking out and compare with the company you are dealing with at the present moment. Better in your pocket than theirs.
This is fascinating. It makes you realize why the other car companies are not able to compete.
Hey just a thought, what if one of the robots go out of the sequence – imagine the chaos.
That could make a funny video, imagine what would come out at the end of the line.
1. WD – 40 is not patent protected. This avoids completely disclosing its ingredients, making it harder for companies to mimic. There is a popular urban legend that the key ingredient in WD-40 is fish oil.
Rocket Chemical Company was founded in 1953. In 1969, John S. Barry, on becoming President and CEO, changed the name to WD-40 Company after what was then its only product
2. Warner Chappel Music owns the copyright to the song ‘Happy Birthday’. They make over $1 million in royalties every year from the commercial use of the song.
3. You know why the letters on the keyboard are not arranged in the form of A-Z, because the inventor of the typewriter was Qwert Yuiop, he just wrote his name in the first row and arranged the rest according to the order they come in english.
4. Go, Is the shortest complete sentence in the English Language.
5. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos. (Not where the Patrons can see them.)
Reason being they want you to just gamble away freely with out time constrictions.
6. Queen Lydia Liliuokalani was the last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Islands. She was also the only Queen the United States ever had.