Feeling blue in this cold weather (If in NSW Australia) just watch this and you will feel warm inside ❤️
Tag Archives: cold
Today its about travel.
- Vitamin C – According to research from the University of Otago in New Zealand Vitamin C helps defend your body from invading pathogens and increases your levels of immune – boosting T-Cells. If unfortunately you do come down with a bug it will help decrease the severity and the duration of infections like the common cold.
2. Aisle seat – A recent study by US researchers found you are more likely to come in to contact with infections from Ill patients and also the crew. Those in the window seat are less likely to be exposed to germs.
3. Motion sickness – This is caused by an imbalance or disturbance of your inner ear which of course controls your balance. By focusing on a fixed point in the distance such as the horizon helps to re establish your since of balance. Another suggestion is to find an area where you feel the least movement. Front of the car, over the wing of the plane or in middle cabin close to the waterline when on a cruise ship.
4. Get your shots – Hepatitis A – found in India, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and South and central America. Typhoid – Found in India, Africa, Asia, the Middl East and South and Central America. Yellow Fever – Africa, the Caribbean, and South and Central America.
5. Water Bottle 💦 – Study in the journal of Physiology and Behavior found that parched drivers make twice as many mistakes as those who are well hydrated which is equivalent of driving with blood alcohol content of 0.08 – So keep your water bottle handy.
6. Travel Kit – Noise cancelling earplugs. – This is good for sleep on a long flight or car rides. Example Quieton active noise cancelling.
First Aid Kit – Recommended is the VSSL First aid Kit .
Water Purifier – SteriPen Ultra Water Purifier. The UV light kills 99.9 percent of the waterborne germs
Source – body and Soul Australian Sunday Mail
- Judean Date Palm was miraculously brought back to life following the chance discovery of seeds in the 2,000-year-old ruins of Masada, the male date palm tree named Methuselah, the only one of his kind, has become a father.
For thousands of years, the date palm was a staple crop in the Kingdom of Judea, as it was a source of food, shelter and shade. Thick forests of the palms towering up to 80 feet and spreading for 7 miles covered the Jordan River valley from the Sea of Galilee in the north to the shores of the Dead Sea in the south.
So valued was the tree that it became a recognized as a symbol of good fortune in Judea. It is chronicled in the Bible, Quran and ancient literature for its diverse powers, from an aphrodisiac to a contraceptive, and as a cure for a wide range of diseases including cancer, malaria and toothache.
2. Raynaud’s disease is a condition that turns your fingers white or blue when you are cold. Your body overreact to cold temperatures and restricts blood flow to the extremities. Apparently smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas
3. According to studies too much exercise is not healthy. Your body’s Homeostasis (regulators that keep the composition of the extracellular fluids constant) collapses when you over do exercise. Moderation is important. Stress on the body produces large amounts of free radicals that causes stress like sore or strained muscles. So overdoing exercise has no health benefits. Source: The Enzyme Factor. (Excellent book – worth getting)
4. Water the giver of life – Our bodies are composed of nearly 90 percent waters using pure water for drinking and bathing is essential to our health. More than 700 pollutants most of them carcinogens often found in drinking water from municipal sources and rural wells. The exposure to our skin is significant and goes unrecognized as a health threat . Filtered water is the safest way to go. It can be a little pricy but it is the only way to give your family the highest quality water.
Additional source: http://lifechanging-water.com
5. I know it’s almost winter here in the States but it will be summer sometime somewhere and there will be bugs and mosquitos. Now as you know repellents contain dangerous chemicals. It has been shown that prescription drugs in you system can combine with other compounds such as what you put on your skin and can cause brain cell death and other neurotic reactions including seizures. A natural substance which I use daily in my oil burner (it is also called Indian oil of verbena) is a great choice to keep the bugs away. You will find it at your health food store.
Source: Secrets of Longevity: Hundreds of ways to live to be 100 (another excellent book I have had it for years. Not sure if I will live till 100 but will give it a try)
Change your water, change your life!
Your Amazing Immune System
Do you take any of these drugs on a regular basis?
Ask yourself why would you take these artificial chemicals into your body? Is it because you lack a strong immune system or because you’ve been told you have to take drugs to stay healthy?
Your body actually has an amazing ability to protect itself from harm through the natural immune system. When your body is healthy, your immune system can defend itself against millions of bacteria, viruses, parasites, and toxins. When you are run down, you may believe that pills are the only answer. This is a socially accepted norm that many people resort to. But it’s not always the best option.
What’s Inside That Medication?
Take some time today to read through the ingredients in your medicine cabinet. You’ll most likely find a long list of complicated words that are difficult to pronounce. Although they may sound very scientific, you will be left with no better understanding of what is actually in the pills you are taking.
The truth is that many medications can actually cause adverse side effects in the human body. Listen to television and radio commercials and you will most likely start hearing advertisements for lawsuits about previously acceptable medications that have caused serious problems.
Your Body’s Natural Defense – Hydration
Staying hydrated and boosting your immune system naturally is a safe method to staying healthier. Water has no known side effects. Access to clean; pure water is convenient when you have an Enagic® water ionizer. Following general good-health guidelines is the single best step you can take toward keeping your immune system strong and healthy.
Click below or on the picture to get your free Ebook. I was unable to download it to put it directly on the blog so when you click on it it will go to the website so you need to scroll down the page till you come to the application where you can put in your email address. It has some interesting information that I myself find informative and I am sure you will also.
1. Refrigerating apples can help them last up to 10 times longer than those left at room temperature.
Amongst other things Apples have other beneficial nutrients called quercetin. This nutrient has the potential to prevent many types of cancers such as breast cancer and lung cancer. It’s extremely good at fighting off free radicals in your body that cause you to prematurely age. On top of slowing the aging process down, it also can prevent age-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
2. According to ‘Healthy You’ article in the AARP magazine an Australian study found muscles recover faster after strenuous exercise if you top off your post-workout meal with several cups of ‘caffeinated’ coffee.
Florida researchers found three cups of caffeinated coffee a day may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia in older people with mild cognitive impairment.
Study by AARP of 400,000 older adults showed that regular coffee drinkers were less likely to die from all causes than non- drinkers were
Very interesting don’t you agree. I love these results as it makes it more pleasurable to be drinking something that is good for you
3. More than 36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are sold for Valentine’s day
For you information also it is said that a daily square of dark chocolate can reduce heart attack risk by 39%
4. Be kind to your nose because vigorous nose blowing can actually push mucus from the nose up into the sinuses, increasing a cold’s severity and also can lead to a secondary sinus infection according to the University of Virginia researchers
5. Washing your hands for 20 seconds before rinsing can prevent the spread of Flu by 50%. It is said just 5%of americans wash their hands the proper way.