Tag Archives: christmas
As I am in New Zealand at the moment I thought you may like to know things you did not know about New Zealand
1. The longest place name in the world is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, a hill in Hawke’s Bay.
2. No part of the country is more than 128km (79 miles) from the sea.
3. Only 5% of NZ’s population is human the rest are animals.
4. More people die in New Zealand each year playing lawn bowls than scuba diving.
5. New Zealand is similar in size to the UK, but only has a population of about 4 million (compared to 63 million in the UK).
6. Gisborne airport has train tracks running across the middle of the runway. Quite often, trains and planes have to stop until one moves out-of-the-way.
7. NZ has banned all television advertising on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, ANZAC Day, and Christmas Day.
Did my Friday movie thing and went to see ” The Greatest showman” 10 out of 10 for everything music, story, talent. It was just an amazingly beautiful story. It was the story of P.T. Barnum. For those who don’t know P.T. Barnum, he was a visionary who became a world-wide sensation. American showman P. T. Barnum becomes the founder of the circus that will become the famous traveling Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Wikipedia for more of the history of the story)
It’s a movie that if you are pondering about what to do after Christmas dinner, take the whole family including Dad and go see this movie. You will love it.
Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Zendaya, michelle Williams. in fact all the cast was sensational. The songs all through the show gave me goose bumps and at time tears and so entertained. Would go see it again in fact I probably will. Go See it – just do it – Sensational movie – feeling a bit down? go see it, you can’t possibly feel the blues after watching it. Ok enough.
I am really not a ‘Mr Bean’ fan but I have to admit this made me laugh. So am sharing with you – Enjoy
Merry Christmas to all my supporters, I love that you make comments on my articles and you take the time to read my articles. Wishing you all a great day and a fabulous New Year.