Tag Archives: chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1.Start with your chips. Like I said – the original idea was to use Poore Brothers Parmesan Garlic potato chips, but these Cheddar & Sour Cream chips had an excellent flavor too!
2. For 2 servings, crush 3 cups potato chips in a bag with a rolling pin or your hands, or use a food processor. Place the crumbs into a shallow dish or bowl.
3. Next, pat dry 2 chicken breasts then season lightly on both sides with salt & pepper. Most chips have a lot of salt on them already, but you’ll miss the flavor if you skip this step.
4. Cut the chicken into 4 or 5 strips. You could also use chicken tenders for this!
5. Layout the chicken and chip crumbs next to a shallow dish with 1 egg whisked with 1 Tablespoon milk (could use water) and a nonstick-sprayed, foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Dunk the chicken into the egg mixture then roll in the chip crumbs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping once, and you’re done! Easy.
7. I think a dunkable dip is a must for chicken fingers, and a honey mustard sauce sounded like it’d be really yummy with the cheddar & sour cream flavor of the chips.
8. All I did was stir together 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt with 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard, 1-1/2 Tablespoons dijon mustard and 2 Tablespoons honey until smooth.
Instead of the usual chips and Pizza here are a few ideas for some snacks that are healthier and tastier to eat while watching the footy. You are more likely to eat less and feel more satisfied.
1. Mini chicken meat loaves – With tomato chutney ( 610kj /145.24 calories). Warm , savory, protein (12g) snack.
2. Sesame oven chips (1 serve) – A healthier version of hot fries. Share a bowl of these high fibre (4g) chips in front of footy. Don’t over indulge as they are high in calories (810kj/ 192calories)
3. Pop Corn – 2 cups, ( 430kj/102.38 calories )
4. Spinach and Feta rolls (2) . Look for the ones that are low in calories and salt.
5. Toasted sandwiches – Grated reduced fat cheddar cheese, tomato and extra light cream cheese between two slices of grainy bread. Cut into quarters.
6. Pastrami on pumpernickel bread – with reduced fat mayonnaise (490kj/116.67 calories ). Cut into bite size and not too many.