1. Chewing gum makes you produce more saliva which can help neutralize acid. There is a study that found chewing sugar-free gum for 30 minutes after eating can help reduce reflux.
source – July /Prevention.com
2. Deet the colorless liquid works by blocking scent receptors bugs use to find targets. Deep is less toxic at or below 30% concentration . Higher doses are not more effective and can harm your health.
3. Thought this was quite interesting as we have been flossing for years because of the advice of many professionals.
4. You have a 1 in 649 – 739 chance of being dealt a Royal Straight Flush when you play poker. Your chances of getting struck by lightning is actually higher.
5. Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, suggested that a woman could enlarge her bust line by singing loudly and often. It would be cheaper that is for sure.
I know they look cute and you are thinking that they are a healthy snack for the kids lunch. Think again.
They are really not that healthy. You are much better to buy the whole carrot, wash them before using them and chewing on a bigger and healthier carrot.
The process in making these cute little orange carrots is:-
1. They are the result of taking all the ugly big carrots they can not put in the package. (that is not so bad).
2. Grinding them up to the shape of those baby carrots in a special machine. (that is not so bad)
3. They then give them a good soaking in chlorine to give them a bright happy orange color. (Now that is bad) I have noticed that they turn white after a while, well that is the chlorine.
So the prognosis is, go for the big ones or ones that look like they have just been pulled from the ground and still have the green tops on, wash and peel them yourself. Don’t go for the littlies